• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 serial number [from eBay was revoked]

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS6 about 6 years ago and have been using it on my iMac even since. Recently the hard drive failed and I had to have a new one fitted. This mean't that I had to re-intall CS6 using my serial number. It would only let me in on the 30 day trial which has now run out and refuses to accept my legitimate serial number, what can I do?

Thank you

John

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

QUOTE:

I probably did buy CS6 through an agent via ebay

END QUOTE:

So it looks like you fell pray to a SCAM. Someone, Whoever, on eBay got a Corp serial number and sold it to unsuspecting people for a low price.

Just a reminder. There is NO such thing as a Free Lunch.

Be happy you got the use of it from time of purchase till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you purchase CS6 directly from Adobe and register it with your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I registered it but not sure I opened an account to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase it directly from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that make a difference? I've been using it with no problems for at least 6 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does make a difference, some sites where selling what's called volume licences which was illegal and Adobe have been blocking them serial numbers.

If you did purchase it from Adobe but didn't register it with your Adobe account you may have issues trying to get support from Adobe who are the only ones that can help with serial number issues, the only option you have is to try and contact Adobe Customer Care

Edit: Take a look here to see if it helps

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Ged but I feel like I'm going round in circles.

I appreciate your advice.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you feel you are going around in circles?

If you never registered the serial number to your then or current Adobe ID you can still do that.

You login to your Adobe account, the current one if you have one, then select Manage your Account then there is a link to Register a product.

2019-11-06 06_29_05-Adobe_ Creative, marketing and document management solutions.png

2020-02-08 15_09_36-Adobe Account.png

Then you will get this screen.

2020-02-08 15_10_26-Adobe Account.png

First click on "Order History". If nothing is listed on the "Order History" page then you never registered CS 6 to the Adobe ID you are signed into.

Go back to the "My Products" page and enter the serial number you have for CS6 (NOTE the serial number will be 24 numbers charactrs long (No Letters) in 6 groups of 4 numbers) and click the Register button. What happens next will tell the tail.

If it goes through then it is (Maybe) a valid serial number.

If you get an error that this serial number is registered to some other user (or something like that) then you may of registered it 6 years ago using a different Adobe ID.

(I've had several Adobe IDs over the years as I've been using Adobe software for 15+ years and every time I bought and registered one of their programs I couldn't remember the logon email or name I used and or could not remember the password even if I could remember the email or name I used the last time. So I always created a new logon)

You'll need to remember the email address and pawword you used to creat that account

Or you may get a error stating something like this is Not a Valid serial number.

So I have to ask you one more time.

Did you buy CS6 DIRECTLY from Adobe. I mean you went to Adobe.com and bought it from that website? Not from someplace like B&H photo (although B&H is an Authorized Adobe reseller) or any place else other than Adobe.com?

If all else fails you will need to contact Adobe directly through their Chat Support system. one of the links above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all that Ged, no order history but even though I input my serial number, with hyphens and without it just said there was an error registering this product. I probably did buy CS6 through an agent via ebay so I suppose the lady I spoke to at Adobe can just say it's one of those batch codes which they have de-activated, I can't locate my original invoice anyway so that's a pain. 

Thanks for your help Ged but I think I'm snookered here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUOTE:

I probably did buy CS6 through an agent via ebay

END QUOTE:

So it looks like you fell pray to a SCAM. Someone, Whoever, on eBay got a Corp serial number and sold it to unsuspecting people for a low price.

Just a reminder. There is NO such thing as a Free Lunch.

Be happy you got the use of it from time of purchase till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't a scam, I paid £850 from a reputable agent, it came in a sealed box with the serial number stickered to it. I also don't believe in a free lunch. If it was a moody number, how come Adobe couldn't see me using it? They seem to know everything else. I just think Adobe are pulling a fast one to get all users to subscribe to their rip-off monthly nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really am grateful for everybody's views on here but as I am not really a massive user of CS6 for professional reasons anymore, maybe I'll look into cheaper alternatives that aren't Adobe made.

Thanks People

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I probably did buy CS6 through an agent via ebay"

Confirming this sounds like a scam. There are no Adobe-authorized resellers on eBay, and never have been.

As for the box, even the counterfeits can look extremely realistic. Finally, regarding why it worked for years and was then revoked, read some of the comments here (filled with similar situations as yours):

Why Never to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting a pop-up window that says your serial number is not genuine?  Or is the message something different?  For example, If your CS6 was purchased as an upgrade, you also will need the qualifing product's serial number. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says “The serial number you entered has been revoked. This product cannot be licensed. Please contact Customer Support.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines