CS6 to Creative Cloud

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe CS6 in 2013, and I prefer using it because I live in a remote part of Alaska so don't always have access to a decent internet connection to use Creative Cloud. I also am on partial disability, so can't afford the monthly license for Cloud (my insulin costs about $2,700 a month, and I need it to live). Are there ways to continue using Creative Suite? If I update the operating system on my MacBook Pro to OS Catalina it looks like I no longer will have access to my CS6 program. But if I don't upgrade I get this kernal_task problem that gets the fan sounding like a jet taking off and my computer slows way down. 

TOPICS
Activation, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CS6 to Creative Cloud

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe CS6 in 2013, and I prefer using it because I live in a remote part of Alaska so don't always have access to a decent internet connection to use Creative Cloud. I also am on partial disability, so can't afford the monthly license for Cloud (my insulin costs about $2,700 a month, and I need it to live). Are there ways to continue using Creative Suite? If I update the operating system on my MacBook Pro to OS Catalina it looks like I no longer will have access to my CS6 program. But if I don't upgrade I get this kernal_task problem that gets the fan sounding like a jet taking off and my computer slows way down. 

TOPICS
Activation, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

In that case i think the only viable options for you would be

• Investiagte using a VM like VMWare Fusion and use the version of OS recommended for CS6
  • Install the required OS on an external drive and use that

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 1