• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Update Failed

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Creative Cloud customer from the start, and bought the products before CC existed.  I still run CS6 on an older laptop, but the update (via CC) has always failed.  I can not find any way on the Adobe website to submit the details from the install log, so I'm copying the relevant parts here because it's the only wat I can see to send it to the Abobe website.  If this is inappropriate, please direct me to a better point of contact:

WARN: ERROR invalid xml file path. Could not read data from path /Library/Application Support/Adobe/PCF/{CCXP-2.5.1-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEAD}..xml

WARN: Error Description Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “{CCXP-2.5.1-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEAD}..xml” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo=0x7fa379c4cca0 {NSFilePath=/Library/Application Support/Adobe/PCF/{CCXP-2.5.1-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEAD}..xml, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa379c4a180 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory"}

WARN: Failed to remove file. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "“AIM.adcref” couldn’t be removed." UserInfo=0x7fa379f026b0 {NSFilePath=/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ADCRefs/AIM.adcref, NSUserStringVariant=(

Remove

), NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa379f66250 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory"}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/13/18 07:31:34:572 | [WARN] | 1209 | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge |  | OOBEUtils | 38038 | Writing info packet to pipe failed with error code -1

12/13/18 07:31:34:573 | [INFO] | 1209 | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 38022 | *************************  END Adobe Setup

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do not use the cc app to update your cs6.  if you do, your perpetual license will converted to subscription.

update by downloading the files directly and then applying them:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just download the first CS6 update on the Adobe updates site.  It downloads the file Photoshop_CS6_13_0_1_upd.dmg

When I mount the DMG file and run the path installer, it fails with the following terse message:

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Not sure where to go next?

- Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad.  The links you provided suggested uninstalling and then re-installing CS6.  I did that and then applied all of the updates from the Adobe website by hand.  This procedure worked, and now the Adobe Creative Cloud manager program reports "No updates".  I guess the world is right again.  Thanks for you help. - Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we said you should absolutely not be using the Creative Cloud updater for a permanent CS6 license. Could store up a world of trouble. Probably already had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that no matter the new version of Windows they update, my CS6 and the updater works!... But For the MacBook as soon as there is a OS Operating system update it blocks the programs from accessing the internet so they can't update and some even if you have the CS6 CD Disk it says i cant access the internet to install it or update????

is adobe in a Monopoly scheem agrement with Apple to sabotage older versions so your are forced to buy their adobe cloud version where you have to pay montly!?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's apple's decision alone to not support older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

they removed the updates from their website. Where can i get them now?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

older adobe programs aren't going to be available indefinitely and many are unavailable.  so, if you find what you want, secure the downloads for future use. 

for cs6, you should check prodesigntools.com - Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files found on that link are same i already have. I need the latest updates files for each application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no official availability of CS6 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines