• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs6 upgrade from cs5 can't be ported to a new computer

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of photoshop c6 which was an upgrade from cs5.   I'm trying to move it to a new computer but when I try to enter the serial number I get an error message saying that the serial number has be revoked.   It is as if my cs6 is an illegal copy but I purchased it directly from adobe.   Any help would be appriciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Thanks for responding,  Drknut.  I can confirm that the serial numbers you were provided are not valid and were never intended for individual purchase.  The Photoshop CS5 serial number registered under your account is valid and will work with the installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products .

I am would recommend that you attempt to work with the organization which you purchased your Photoshop CS6 Windows and Macintosh serial numbers from to ask for a refund.  If you a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you register these copies with Adobe?  If you did, then you can check your serial number by logging in with your Adobe ID

Adobe ID

Did you deactivate CS6 on the old computer?  If not, is it still running, and do you have access?

I've asked for a staff member to look at this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.

Drknut, as Trevor has indicated you will want to make sure and register your Creative Suite 6 serial number to confirm that it is valid.  I looked at the e-mail address you used to post to this public forum discussion and I do not see a serial number for Creative Suite 6 registered.  I do see a Mac version of Photoshop CS5 which should install without any problems.

As a next step please try to register your serial number at http://www.adobe.com/ to verify it is valid.  For details on the registration process see Find your serial number .

If you continue to face difficulties you are welcome to send me a private message with the serial number Drknut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding so quickly to my question.    I have emailed  the serial number of both the cs5 and cs6 packages.  I always try to register software right away but I also couldn't find CS6 listed in my account.   I thought that it was a fluke of upgrading.   CS6 is still running on the original machine.  

Once again thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drknut where did you e-mail the CS6 serial number too?  Please make sure to view your public forum discussion in your default web browser by clicking on the View the full discussion.

Once you are viewing your discussion you can mouse over my name and will be given the option to send me a private message with your serial number.  Alternately, Drknut, you can contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care to have the serial number reviewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding,  Drknut.  I can confirm that the serial numbers you were provided are not valid and were never intended for individual purchase.  The Photoshop CS5 serial number registered under your account is valid and will work with the installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products .

I am would recommend that you attempt to work with the organization which you purchased your Photoshop CS6 Windows and Macintosh serial numbers from to ask for a refund.  If you are unsuccessful then there are additional steps you can take listed in Invalid or revoked serial numbers Drknut.

I would not recommend purchasing any other copies of Creative Suite 6 Drknut, as you could run into a similar issue with the legitimacy of the license.  For more information regarding the future of Creative Suite see Creative Cloud now includes Creative Suite Master Collection and Design Premium features .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had bought this from Adobe.   I guess it shows you can't be too careful.

thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your welcome, Drknut.  Adobe does not provide serial numbers through e-mail when you make a purchase from us directly.  For several versions of Creative Suite, and current perpetual software titles, we have registered the software automatically to your account as part of the purchase process.

I would recommend bookmarking Find your serial number in case you make any future Adobe software purchases.  If you are able to register the software successfully then you have purchased a valid license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines