• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 won't open at all after CC membership expired - uninstaller doesn't help and cannot uninstall CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

I hope you are all well and in good spirits. Any help right now would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Mac on OS X El Capitan - The laptop and CS6 was provided by the UK student disability services for my studies (i do not have a disk only my password code as that is how they provide the software). I bought a CC membership but couldn't afford it for another year so cancelled. Now I cannot open my CS6 as it comes up with the CC renew screen. I have tried to uninstall CC using the uninstaller on my computer but it won't let me. I am an artist with a huge number of deadlines due and I cannot access photoshop or premiere or any of my Adobe software and I am getting extremely worried and anxious, and due to my disability I cannot do it elsewhere. Can any member of staff or any tech smart people out there advise me please?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read my thread and especially if you can help.

Kindest Regards

Jenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Create a new Adobe account and use the same to Sign in.

in the pop up which tells to renew subscription .  locate option named " Have a different Adobe ID "  .

Click on it and then Sign in with new Adobe ID and then use your CS 6 serial number to activate .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall all your cc programs and uninstall your cc desktop app.

you can use the desktop app uninstaller to help uninstall it, after you uninstall your cc programs, Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

you could then try opening your cs6, but it will probably still show its subscription is expired (even though you have a fully licensed copy).

in that case you will need to uninstall your cs6 and then reinstall it.  reinstalling it may not be easy because you'll probably need to do that through your school.  but if you have a serial number you could try using the publicly available installers (though that may fail):

You can use the appropriate link below for your installation file(s)

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typical issue , as CS 6 is also part of CC subscription , it is recognizing CS 6 activation as CC subscription and prompting you to renew CC subscription .

You may follow below steps:

Step 1)

We will clear old licensing files and check.

Note: If you had installed any other apps using serial number , you will need to re-enter serial number again .

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

It will open System Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and locate folders named SLCache and SLStore.

Rename then to SLCache-old and SLStore-old.

Step 2)

Try Signing in using new or different Adobe ID.

Still same ?? let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies. I have followed your instructions but I don't have any folders named SLCache and SLStore.

I have installed every CC programme separately and still cannot use the CC uninstaller as it says other files are using them (like you said, must be something to do with the link to CS6s)

Sorry to be a bother and ask but how might I sign in with a different email? Is that into Adobe? To sign out of this current one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new Adobe account and use the same to Sign in.

in the pop up which tells to renew subscription .  locate option named " Have a different Adobe ID "  .

Click on it and then Sign in with new Adobe ID and then use your CS 6 serial number to activate .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - Once I installed each CC application separately, used the cleaner and then signed in with a different email it all works. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that

You are most welcome .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should not have to go through all this just to use our perpetual licenses. Adobe should not link the 2 licenses together. This is complete nonsense. My subscription for CC expired and now it will not allow me to use my CS6 licenses. Having to delete everything which removes all my custom settings and imports is very frustrating. Having to create another account is rediculous also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Completely agree. Here it is May, 2020 and should not be googling how to start my CS6 products just because I didnt want to pay for cc anymore! Total nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines