• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

css.5 design premium

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit niffed at adobe at the moment. I understand they are now basedd in the cloud and has all but discontinued the scc.5 design premium, but even though Iunderstand tha,t but when one buy a product that says guaranteed for life, one expects to be able to retrieve it when necessary. no exception. we buy in good faith. good faith should be returned.

We should not have to buy any new product. if there is an upgrade, just as windows do, they should notify us and upgrade FREE, NOT FREAKING CHARGE FOR WHAT WE PAID FULL PRICE FOR.  THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS AND NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS AND REPUTATION, ADOBE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying that you purchased via download, not on a disc, and you did not keep a copy of that download?

This was posted 3-23-21 so see if it helps
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/download-non-subscription-adobe-software/td-p/119198...

IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was bought through my college. i keep my serrial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were NEVER replacements for the student versions. In the day, they were for full price retail customers only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrong!  there were replacemebts becaause we didn't get a disk.  We had to use a download link. And were told we have pemanent use of the download.  I should know as I was the student.  And yes, I paid full price. Ad still have the receipt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you and yes I had done that but real life happened. I got terminally ill. My things went into storage and the person I had left in chargee of storage forgot to pay on time and at the last minute called me to notify them he was on the way, but when I called it was too late. They had sold my storage.  I lost everything!  

Now I'm regrouping, recuperating and restoring my shattered life.  I need this software to restart.  And thank you for not being a smartass in your comment. I don't appreciate it or need it. 🙂

Not trying to get something for nothing, just what I paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not " all but discontinued". Absolutely discontinued, from the day CS6 was released, in 2012, long before the Cloud.

"one expects to be able to retrieve it when necessary." Your expectations do not match reality. It's your job to keep installers safe. 

" one buy a product that says guaranteed for life" Where does it say that? Never seen any software offering such an unrealistic and unachievable guarantee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to an Adobe representative and the school who said i was guaranteed to always have a copy . I have had to reinstall twice before when I bought new laptop. No issue. I went to the archive where  I was direccted last time and the link was broken.

Now today I talk to customer services via chat and am told to re buy the software because it's now on cloud ans the old is obsolete.

And, FYI,  if you purchase a product that doesn'r expire, then that's a "realistic guarantee" of always being available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>They had sold my storage

Sorry, but Adobe does not now provide download links for the education version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines