Highlighted

Customet service hung up on me, live chatter Robert threatened to delete my account.

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pretty simple problem. My school provides all active full time students free subscriptions to CC All Apps. But, when I took a break from school, it cancelled my school plan so I started paying myself. I became a full time student again but didn't get the subscription back. I've been paying on my card for months unnecessarily. There is no option to make this change that I could find on the website myself, so I reached out for help. I was hoping to get a refund for the months I needlessly paid but mostly just wanted to switch it from me paying to being provided by the school again. No big deal. When I called I laid out the problem and she simply told me what was on her screen, she said that I cancelled the plan and started paying. And I said yes I was just wondering how to get back on my school subscription, do I cancel and then try to reactivate it through the school? She said, "Let me get you connected to a department that can assist you further." and then she hung up. So I went to the live chat. I laid out my issue very clearly and then he asked me for my email. I gave it to him again even though it was in the first email. Then he asked for my personal email. And again, I had to say sorry, but its the same email. Not two separate accounts. A few messages later he threatened to remove my account completely as a way to clap back at my attitude! I am allowed to be upset, I'm the customer. And I was not that rude. This was unacceptable and I had no idea how else to bring this to the attention of Adobe other than this post. Sorry if it isn't the right way to make a complaint.

-Brett Poppen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Customet service hung up on me, live chatter Robert threatened to delete my account.

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pretty simple problem. My school provides all active full time students free subscriptions to CC All Apps. But, when I took a break from school, it cancelled my school plan so I started paying myself. I became a full time student again but didn't get the subscription back. I've been paying on my card for months unnecessarily. There is no option to make this change that I could find on the website myself, so I reached out for help. I was hoping to get a refund for the months I needlessly paid but mostly just wanted to switch it from me paying to being provided by the school again. No big deal. When I called I laid out the problem and she simply told me what was on her screen, she said that I cancelled the plan and started paying. And I said yes I was just wondering how to get back on my school subscription, do I cancel and then try to reactivate it through the school? She said, "Let me get you connected to a department that can assist you further." and then she hung up. So I went to the live chat. I laid out my issue very clearly and then he asked me for my email. I gave it to him again even though it was in the first email. Then he asked for my personal email. And again, I had to say sorry, but its the same email. Not two separate accounts. A few messages later he threatened to remove my account completely as a way to clap back at my attitude! I am allowed to be upset, I'm the customer. And I was not that rude. This was unacceptable and I had no idea how else to bring this to the attention of Adobe other than this post. Sorry if it isn't the right way to make a complaint.

-Brett Poppen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today  12:17 PM

We'll connect you with an agent as soon as possible. For a faster resolution, please tell us how we can help you today.

You are now connected to Robert, who is reviewing your account. If you need to share sensitive information, such as credit card number, please wait for your agent to give you steps to share it securely.

Robert

Hello, Nolan I will be happy to assist you. May I know the reason of cancellation.

I just called the customer service line, and they hung up on me on purpose. I have a relatively simple issue. I have an account through my school. The email address on the account is BrettPoppen@stu.aii.edu When I took a break from school, I no longer had access, so I began paying for a subscription. Now that I am back in school, however, it is still charging me even though I get all apps free through the school. So I just need to know what to do to stop being charged and get my money back for the months that I double paid, if that's possible. My school paid for my account, and I paid for my account.

Robert

Nolan I can help you with the cancellation of the subscription.

Okay thanks, is that all I need to do is cancel?
And what about getting my money back for the months that I got double charged on the same account?

Robert

May I take your educational email address.

I listed it in the initial message but its BrettPoppen@stu.aii.edu

Robert

Nolan Can I have your individual email address under which you have your personal account.

it is the same email address
it is the same account, as I said in the first message

Robert

Allow me a moment Nolan

take your time, thanks!

Robert

Nolan I can see you had two cc all apps and premiere pro plan under this account however I can see you have cancelled one cc all apps and the premier pro and other cc all apps is still active from last 3 months 29 days.

Yes well the 2 all app subscriptions
One is paid
One is provided by the school
I've been paying, while my school has been providing

Robert

Current you have only one cc all apps under your account.

Yes and that's the one that I've been paying
BUT I GET A FREE SUBSCRIPTION FROM MY SCHOOL
Look, I need to cancel the paid and bring back the free, paid, student subscription
There is no option to make this change on my end
So if you can't refund me for the 3 or 4 months that I've been paying

Robert

Let me go ahead and cancel this account completely.

You can at least help me activate the student subscription
Why would you cancel my account

Robert

Nolan so you want me to place an order for education plaan?

Is that what I need to do?
I'm asking you
I stated the problem very very clearly and that I did not know what to do
Is it customary for you to threaten to cancel a customer's account in the chat?

Robert

Nolan I mean to say as you only have once active cc all apps as a subscription hence I stated that i will cancel the account.

And how does that help me when I need the account
when the email is set up through my student account
If you cancelled my account, that wouldn't solve the problem

Robert

We can place an order from the same email to process an order for educational cc all apps.

Sounds good!
Do you have an answer on the refund
I asked if it were possible to get refunded for the months that I've double paid.
You realize that right? they pay for me while I'm an active student
I paid with my card
That's 2 payments

Robert

Let me check it for you and help you with the refund.

Thanks, take your time I'm in no rush

Robert

Thank you
Nolan I can see you have cancelled your educational plan of cc all apps in the month of 17 August, 2019 and you have resubscribed the cc all apps on 09 Jan 2020 hence there is no refund policy applies.

Yeah so it cancelled when I took a break from school
When I got back in school full time, it didn't resume
I've reached out to them and they said they are still providing me with free access at this time

Robert

Nolan Adobe has not received any double payments

I just need to fix it so I guess let's order the educational subscritption

Robert

Nolan Let me cancel the current subscription and process the refund for the last charge.

Okay thank you

Robert

You are welcome

Is there anything I need to do?
Sent 1:39 PM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines