• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dark Mode Save Panes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set the save panes within all Creative Cloud applications to work with dark mode?

It's currently very jarring on the eye when everything else is dark and the old light grey save panes pop up. It seems as though it's a bug or something they haven't got around to yet

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with what program are you unable use dark mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the Creative Suite programs have the light grey save pane when dark mode is on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make a suggestion here,Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Save dialog comes form the operating system, and Adobe has no control of its appearance.

If you want it to appear differently, you have to do this in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are examples of what my thread is referring to. The Save panes in Creative Suite are not Dark Mode compatible

Save pane from Creative Suite (Photoshop 20.0.1) in OSX Dark Mode:

Screenshot-2018-12-17-at-14.23.57.jpg

Save pane from Sketch in OSX Dark Mode:

Screenshot-2018-12-17-at-14.26.08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read msg 4 and make the os change.  mojave has a dark mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my Mojave is set to Dark Mode, that's what my thread is about. Even though I have Dark Mode turned on, Creative Suite save panes are still in the light mode setting

I am wondering if this is a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per is correct.

i tested 'save as' with some non-adobe programs and they all have the same light gray dialog panels.

make an suggestion to apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per was not correct. You were also not correct. Interfering with user that is trying to request an improvement, when you do not understand the nature of the problem is not helpful. 

Summary: Apple has introduced dark mode to it's latest operating systems. Developers need to support dark mode in their apps. Most developers do, but Adobe does not support the Dark Mode setting in Apple OS. Adobe apps have their own interface management which allows you to choose a few options of darkness in most apps, but that does not influence open/save dialog windows. So you could say they are not sensitive to your system wide setting of Light/Dark Mode - they will always appear in light mode whatever the setting you have. 

The reqest by Deliciously_Creative is to make Adobe respect your system wide choice (Dark Mode Setting) in their apps by making open/save dialog widows sensitive to dark mode setting.

Four months later this problem is still not solved in Illustrator and InDesign, but fortunatelly it was adressed in Photoshop, what gives me hope that soon all apps will have support for Dark Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well summarized visualworks, this is exactly what the proble is.

And I totally agree, having a unaplicable reply from somone who, either does not undertsnd the issue or uses a different OS (and therefore cannot replicate or understand the issue) is not helping, and is rather insulting.

2023, on the verge of 2024 and this is still not fix. Seems to me, and many other users, that Adobe just does really care. Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did any of you who think you've found a bug or want to make a suggestion, call adobe's attention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a Mac, and I don't use Sketch.

But the Save dialog in Sketch seems to be an integrated part of the program, whereas the one in Photoshop obviously comes from the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO

Yes, this is a bug. All Apple apps (obviously) adhere to 'Dark Mode' with it's open/save dialogs - alert boxes etc.

Sketch and even MICROSOFT! can get it right. Clearly Adobe Apps aren't being pointed to the righrt set of Dark Mode graphics/assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines