Highlighted

Dear Valued Creative Cloud Provider

New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are You denying use of older versions of CC products (Your mail 8th of May, 2019) … some explanation would be nice, anyone there? After all – we, the users/customers/consumers, are those to whom Your applications should be targeted.  What is the logic behind of this kind of decision?

And a little hint for You: Maybe You should make better new versions of Your applications, that kind of applications which Your customers would like to install. So called new versions that You provide now are such a resource-hungry and buggy beasts that less and less of us, the users, would like to use.

Regards,

The customer

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dear Valued Creative Cloud Provider

New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are You denying use of older versions of CC products (Your mail 8th of May, 2019) … some explanation would be nice, anyone there? After all – we, the users/customers/consumers, are those to whom Your applications should be targeted.  What is the logic behind of this kind of decision?

And a little hint for You: Maybe You should make better new versions of Your applications, that kind of applications which Your customers would like to install. So called new versions that You provide now are such a resource-hungry and buggy beasts that less and less of us, the users, would like to use.

Regards,

The customer

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarno,

Going forward, Creative Cloud customers can download only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud applications. This change enables us to develop the features and functionality most requested by customers and ensure peak performance across all Creative Cloud apps and services. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

Please read Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog for more information.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean we have lost the ability to download Premiere CS6 that includes the Encore dvd authoring program?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Richard+M+Knight  wrote

Does this mean we have lost the ability to download Premiere CS6 that includes the Encore dvd authoring program?

From Creative Cloud desktop app, yes.  

However if you own a perpetual license to Premier CS6 and your OS still supports it, you could go that route.

Download older versions of Adobe apps

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you intend to keep the perpetual license version of CS, you should back up the install files somewhere!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused by what is stated there. Can someone tell me what happens in this scenario:

1. A user who is working with documents created for InCopy/InDesign CC2015.

2. They get a new computer.

3. Can they no longer download CC2015? If not which exact versions will be available? CC2019 and CC2018? Or CC2017 as well?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fourteen  wrote

Can they no longer download CC2015? If not which exact versions will be available? CC2019 and CC2018? Or CC2017 as well?

The latest version and the version before.

The only time this may cause a problem is with Encore CS6 as this one was bundled with Premiere CS6 and you needed to download Premiere to get Encore.

And it is unfortunate for people in a mixed environment, especially CS6 perpetual and CC.

But: supporting installation of old software is quite taking up resources....and those resources may be better spend otherwise.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for fast response!

There are few problems in Adobe's decision to deny installing older versions of CC applications: We may have such old computers or operating systems that updating CC application is NOT an option. There may be some other programs that do not allow me to update my operating system or my machine to keep up to the latest CC. And as Fourteen mentioned, sometimes we must be able to open and save old documents.

And i'm not asking here to "keep up support-lines" for older versions, what we really need is possibility to install older versions "with our own risk".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they have mentioned anything about not being able to install these older applications, they will just stop PROVIDING A DOWNLOAD LINK TO THEM. If I'm wrong about this, I haven't seen any official correspondence or anything that makes that apparent. You should keep a backup of the install files along with a copy of your license key...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they have said that many older versions of CC applications should not be installed, and even went so far to say that: "...  you are no longer licensed to use certain older versions of the applications or deploy packages containing these older versions. We ask that your organization discontinues all usage of the unauthorized products listed ..."

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

[Note that language is for CC subscription versions, not CS perpetual versions.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Please be aware that if you continue to use or deploy the older, unauthorized versions of Creative Cloud, you will not have third-party claim coverage pursuant to your contract with Adobe. Should you continue to use or deploy these unauthorized versions, you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties."

You've got to love the bit about 3rd party claim overage.  That's legal speak for Adobe does not have permission to use something.  It could be almost any old technology for which there is suddenly a patent / intellectual rights dispute.  Or maybe Adobe had permission  but now it's expired.  Either way, keep using it if you absolutely must.  But you're on your own if there's a lawsuit.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

however, at the time that you purchased that product, the third party company in question was licensed and being reimbursed for your use of that included software. In other words, this may actually be a very hollow claim.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly what I'm thinking as well. Also there are other ways to burn a dvd without needing a software author program. You can convert a .mp4 or .mp2 file into an ISO that automically plays in dvd players and you can buy one of those standalone VHS to DVD records and just use it's input RCA jacks to output HDMI to RCA with a converter and burn a dvd that way. I've done that before. There are standalone DVD recorders that burn blue ray as well via HDMI output with dolby digital.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

(...) Also there are other ways to burn a dvd without needing a software author program. You can convert a .mp4 or .mp2 file into an ISO that automically plays in dvd players (...)

I'm sorry but that is not authoring. Any modern TV nowadays can play an MP4 from an USB stick, but that does not make your animation an authored DVD or Blue Ray...

Regards,
Abambo

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using Encore years ago.  It's not that good.  There are better DVD & Blu-Ray burning products available today.   Right now I'm using one called Power2Go from Cyber Media Studio.  And before that, I used Roxio.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Encore was part of CS6 and before. That's a long time ago... I never did "real" DVD authoring, so I used Encore for what it was. But I always felt there was something missing. As I do not encode for DVD but for films being played on a TV during trade shows I use since a long time mp4 files on a USB stick...

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My business still sells some DVDs and Blu-Rays.  But the whole disk burning aspect is becoming much less important as people migrate towards digital downloads and streaming media. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Privately I buy Blue Ray and DVD films and do no streaming.

Professionally as I am an internal service provider and my "customers" prefer having the films on their laptops, I don't do any DVDs any more. And data is transferred electronically or via stick/HDs. I even do not know if my burners are still working.

(We still send out customer documentation on DVDs... because that's so in the contracts)

Anyone in need for authoring professional DVDs can, however, not rely on a program that has been EOL for 10 years.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does Power2Go allow region settings so I can only burn a DVD to be played in the United States? Encore has this setting which is why I loved it. Also what about subtitles and chapters?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

does Power2Go allow region settings so I can only burn a DVD to be played in the United States? Encore has this setting which is why I loved it. Also what about subtitles and chapters?

Wonder Share DVD/Blu-Ray Creator can do all that. 

[OFFICIAL] Wondershare DVD Creator: Burn Videos to DVDs and Blu-ray Discs

I'm sure there are plenty of others that can do it, too.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul  wrote

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

This can unfortunately be very dangerous. If I'm working on a project with a deadline I don't want to be in a position where I need to convert my InDesign documents to a version of InDesign which has recently released and could potentially contain serious bugs. With Photoshop and Illustrator there may be less risk, but with InDesign/InCopy (where all documents are version specific) things are a bit different.

Additionally, how quickly do these types of things take effect? Is this from day one when a new version of CC is released that the third in line is removed from the downloadable list?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fourteen  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul   wrote

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

This can unfortunately be very dangerous. If I'm working on a project with a deadline I don't want to be in a position where I need to convert my InDesign documents to a version of InDesign which has recently released and could potentially contain serious bugs.

Means 2019 and 2018 but not 2014,15,16! You still can use the now current version when it comes out. The 0 version is always a little critical. Therefore, if you started a project with the prior version, feel free to continue that one until your project is terminated or even until you have fully tested the new version.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul  wrote

… Creative Cloud customers can download only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud applications. This change enables us to develop the features and functionality most requested by customers and ensure peak performance across all Creative Cloud apps and services. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

Please read Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog for more information.

Regards,

Sheena

Hi Sheena,

I think you are wrong with some details here. Or the announcment you have linked to is wrong in some details. Or is it the helpX page I linked below that is wrong here?

E.g. InDesign CC 2017, CC 2015 and CC 2014 should not be affected.

Also Adobe Illustrator is not listed at all as "unauthorized" application.

At least this is the information I take away from this helpX page:

Remove unauthorized versions

You may be right, that only the last two versions of every CC app can be downloaded and installed from the CC Desktop App.

Is this a paradox? Maybe yes. Maybe no. Where is the truth?

We need clarity.

Thanks,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible, terrible policy. This was the reason there was so much resistance to a subscription model.

"Hey, you paid for it, but now you can't use it because we don't want you to."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use it! clone your operating system. I can still use all the old versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Adobe's email:

We have recently discontinued certain older versions of Creative Cloud applications and as a result, under the terms of our agreement, you are no longer licensed to use them. Our records show that you may be using the following version(s) of these applications.

AFTER EFFECTS:14.2

Please be aware that should you continue to use the discontinued version(s), you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe doesn't want to update old apps anymore, that's fine. But to yank the license on them is ridiculous. We've locked our MacOS and CC versions until later this year.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was a lawsuit threat with orcal. They did the same thing with AVID

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

redfridgemedia  wrote

If Adobe doesn't want to update old apps anymore, that's fine. But to yank the license on them is ridiculous.

If they do, they have reasons, I would suppose...

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where they are yanking anyone's licenses... are you sure about this? Where did you see this? As far as I can ascertain, they are just removing the download links to older versions of cloud (CC) products, right?

If you had downloaded the installation files and kept them on a USB or DVD or network share or whatever, you'd still be able to reinstall the old versions. Adobe just doesn't officially want anyone downloading these versions off of their web sites. Considering that these installs often include Adobe Acrobat, which is notorious for needing serious security patches, it's probably just too much complexity and effort to adapt older versions of software. Plus, they're no longer licensed to distribute some of the tools and components that were included with some older software versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh...just got done dealing with Adobe's support who were borderline rude and complete unhelpful (as usual). Basically I'm now stuck with a user who can no longer work on a project because it was done with InDesign CC2015. A little bit of warning would have been nice regarding this. Not every company can upgrade their software and documents within 24 hours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, those weren't working earlier! Looks like they are again. Thanks Uwe! I'll try and see if that works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time a link from Adobe with downloads:

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

I hope that some other versions are added as well.

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fourteen:

You can Contact Customer Care to obtain a link to download InDesign CC 2014 (aka version 10), CC 2015 (v11) and CC 2017 (v12).

For other CC applications, we are now limited to the current version and the previous version. The two exceptions that I am aware of are for InDesign as described above, and for Acrobat, which is limited to the current version only.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, I believe the same is true for Adobe InCopy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I be able to still download and install enore?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so! As Encore is phased-out and was bundled with Premiere CS6, you will no more be able to install Encore. I personally used Encore a lot with CS5 but even then, creating DVDs was starting to get phased out. For my Windows 10 computer, even having a DVD writer and a Blue Ray writer in my computer, I did not care to get the software installed.

If, however, you need to create DVDs, I think that it is time to look for newer, more current and better products.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way just to clone all the existing adobe apps that are installed onto another hard drive then I can run encore cs6 off another drive when I need to? I know I've cloned an entire system before on an external drive but what about certain apps already installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloning a disk basically means just copying data from one disk to a different disk in a way that all data is represented as on the original.

Cloning just part of a disk is quite impossible as there are more things involved as the data chunk you're copying, like some OS related databases etc, making it impossible to predict the outcome.

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, this is Adobe showing nothing but contempt for its customers.  We have multi-year projects.  We do not change versions mid-stream in a project.  Will Adobe now use the Creative Cloud app to prevent installed "unauthorized" versions from opening up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Lynn+J+Becker  wrote

Once again, this is Adobe showing nothing but contempt for its customers.  We have multi-year projects.  We do not change versions mid-stream in a project.  Will Adobe now use the Creative Cloud app to prevent installed "unauthorized" versions from opening up?

I don’t change in the middle of the project neither. But I did not yet see a multi year project that did not evolve with the software. I do not use legacy software if I can avoid. The only trouble I see with this is Encore that is no more available and that was an excellent tool to create DVDs.

I do not know, however, if the programs continue to work when they are installed on the supported OS.

I suppose you do not change also the hardware and your OS for you multi year projects?

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just clone your operating system to another drive. Then if you have to for some reason wipe the original drive and need to reinstall you will have the backup of the OS and can still use old versions.

Plus how many old versions do you need anyway? I think it's a very poor idea to keep using 2017 or earlier anyway. Just open the project in the new version and you can use it. for DVD's you can clone like I said and keep encore or use another program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That simply does not work!

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus how many old versions do you need anyway?

Many ACPs and forum regulars keep older versions on their systems to assist  with troubleshooting questions on these forums.

The questions we see here cover 20+ years of software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what doesn't work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

what doesn't work?

Cloning. You will need a license for the cloned computer system. That will fail in a short time. At the latest when you put in the clone into a new system.

Not to talk about driver problems, OS updates etc...

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well that's weird. Must be an adobe thing because I've cloned windows 10 OS on multiple machines for over 2 years and I never had a problem booting it up. In fact I'm using a clone right now to type this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

well that's weird. Must be an adobe thing

not exactly... We're using cloning extensively... if the machines are the same. If not you need to take care of the drivers. If however more than the standard software will be installed, cloning helps only for the first step. It's still useful.

With Adobe (and similar products) there is something like activation. Activation is quite sensitive to machine changes. So if something in the activated machine changes, the software assumes a new hardware. Activation needs to be redone and it's at that precise moment where the thing fails.

Say thank you to all the pirates who did not want to pay for the software...

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, bear in mind that for each cloned machine being used by a different person, you will need to have either an enterprise license with a number of users permitted, or a different license for each machine. That's if you're being honest, which I guess they could eventually figure out at some point!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only solution is to find a download elsewhere?

Customer Care would not give downloads.

This is causing large problems for teams who do not switch versions often, or need to use older versions from time to time (like me). Companies are slow to change, forcing them to the most recent causes problems. They do not care to have the latest and greatest as soon as possible, Adobe should listen to its users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franz,

Downloads for which products and exact versions in particular?

Not all of them have been removed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2015 InDesign and InCopy, CC 2014 InDesign InCopy, I see that 2017 has a download now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news: InDesign and InCopy have not been restricted by Adobe, so you should still be able to get installers for older versions...

You can contact Customer Care again and gently remind them that these apps have not been deauthorized by the company.

Alternatively, you can try the direct download links instead.

Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird. I just uninstalled adobe premiere cs 6 on a macbook pro as a test to see if I could reinstall it from the cloud and I can but when I did the same thing on the imac it wasn't there anymore. weird

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed the CS6 download links.  And online chat insists that CS6 was always a separate purchase from Creative Cloud which is only partly true.  It was a separate purchase but CC users did have access to CS6 versions  up until May of this year.  The new policy provides CC users access to the current version and one previous to it only.  If you require CS6 today, you must provide the agent with a serial number from a previously purchased version otherwise they cannot give you the download links.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines