• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted caps folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/

New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently someone already used a free trial of photoshop on this computer and I was trying remedy this. I was reading what other people posted on the forums about their trials' expiration immediacy and most of the feedback was to delete or rename the OOBE file or to delete the file Media.db in the caps folder. I tried this after having already tried the cleaner tool, multiple installs and uninstalls. After downloading again the caps folder is there but it's completely empty. When I try to open Adobe Creative Commons the icon briefly appears in my status bar before disappearing and nothing happens. I assume the caps folder is important in the authentication process in startup and without it the entire program fails to open. My question is how can I get the caps folder back? This is being done on a mac* Expert feedback is greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Hi Tyler,

You may refer to the correct answer in the thread below which might work as a workaround in your situation:

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud unable to find any installed applications

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

You may refer to the correct answer in the thread below which might work as a workaround in your situation:

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud unable to find any installed applications

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caps folder is very important folder , which contains important database files which hold the access and information regarding installed Adobe application for ex- Media.db, Caps.db

Once you delete or rename , a new Caps folder will be created automatically.

Could you please confirm the version of Mac operating system ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using OS Mojave and still can't find the caps folder because it was deleted and no new folder formed. Can you please help? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check under /Library/Application Support/Adobe.

To go to Library , 

Right click on Finder and select Go to Folder option.

Then Enter command /library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines