Highlighted

Desperately looking for CS4/CS5 update files

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I am an Adobe user since the early 90's and currently still using the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC. Nevertheless a few years back I also bought the CS4 Design Premium and then the CS4 Production Premium collections as well as the CS5 master collection a while later. 

For the CS4 collections I still have the installtion media and the installation keys.

For the CS5 collection I lost the installation media but still have the installation keys.

Due to the corona pandemic I recently lost my job and decided to start my own marketing services company now. For this endeavor I will be needing much more then just Photoshop. But after successfully installing the old CS4 applications I found out that I can no longer download patches/updates for them. I still had some of them stored on an old external HDD (but mostly for Photoshop which I don't need as I am using the current version already). So I was wondering if someone else might be able to provide the old update files as they can no longer be downloaded from Adobe's official FTP site.

Regarding the CS5 collection I would need to be starting even one step earlier as the required installation files are also not available as downloads anymore (not even mentioning the updates/patches for these applications).

And before you ask I already contacted customer support. But they just sent me here. And using time limited trial or even full versions of all the required applications is currently no real option for me as I have to be careful with what I spend my money for. There are many investments needed for one's own company. Any way to save a coin or two helps making this undertaking more likely a success.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Desperately looking for CS4/CS5 update files

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I am an Adobe user since the early 90's and currently still using the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC. Nevertheless a few years back I also bought the CS4 Design Premium and then the CS4 Production Premium collections as well as the CS5 master collection a while later. 

For the CS4 collections I still have the installtion media and the installation keys.

For the CS5 collection I lost the installation media but still have the installation keys.

Due to the corona pandemic I recently lost my job and decided to start my own marketing services company now. For this endeavor I will be needing much more then just Photoshop. But after successfully installing the old CS4 applications I found out that I can no longer download patches/updates for them. I still had some of them stored on an old external HDD (but mostly for Photoshop which I don't need as I am using the current version already). So I was wondering if someone else might be able to provide the old update files as they can no longer be downloaded from Adobe's official FTP site.

Regarding the CS5 collection I would need to be starting even one step earlier as the required installation files are also not available as downloads anymore (not even mentioning the updates/patches for these applications).

And before you ask I already contacted customer support. But they just sent me here. And using time limited trial or even full versions of all the required applications is currently no real option for me as I have to be careful with what I spend my money for. There are many investments needed for one's own company. Any way to save a coin or two helps making this undertaking more likely a success.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how you installed and Activated CS4 suite as the Activation servers have been turned off, shut down, and no one can Re-Activate any CS4 programs.

Simple fact is Adobe has completely Stopped Supporting All older version of their software. Even slightly older versions of the Creative Cloud versions.

So you should look elsewhere for whatever design and illustration program you may need for starting up your new business.

Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Just Shoot Me

Thanks for the quick answer. I did not know that you cannot activate the software anymore. Also I did not want to bother you with too many details. The CS4 applications had actually been installed a long time ago on a second PC that I used for the family. My main machine was running the CS5 then (which I can't install at all at the moment as mentioned before). So in fact my plan was to newly install some of the old apps (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Acrobat) parallel to Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC on my main machine as soon as I aquired the updates.

But if you are not mistaken (which I do not presume) this will be of no use when no one is able to activate the apps anymore. What a pity. So I would either have to use the old machine for my activities or I will have to buy and use the CC versions instead. I guess only Adobe can get away with a policy like this. This is frustrating.

Thanks again anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about your situation, but the installation files are no more available. It's unfortunate that people do not back-up their original files for later use. But I suppose in times of downloads for all software, the good old reflex of storing the original discs at a secure place is gone. No one will be able to provide you with the required files. I doubt that even Adobe support can help you: Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

CS2 and CS3 activation servers have been taken offline, probably because of obsolete and insecure software and servers. I suppose that in a couple of years the other servers will follow. CS6 was anyhow the last version you could buy. All others are on a subscription basis. 

And just to say: Doing professional work with old software does not work. At latest when you need to collaborate with other people you will be in trouble. 

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

It is not so much about the installation files but more about the update files for some of the CS4 software products that I didn't use so much in the past. The auto update function had always been so convenient that I did not consider downloading all the update files for all the applications separately. I know, my mistake.

And sure it would be the best to always use the latest software version. But to be honest until now I had always been employed by someone else. There had simply been no need to buy the latest software for my personal use. Currently my main goal is to get back on my feet again. If I earn good money I will of course obtain the latest CC subscription immediately. But until then every penny counts.

And if someone else with a better backup strategy than myself could provide the missing files it would help me a lot to achieve this. At least I could try to ask.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"no one can Re-Activate any CS4 programs"

JSM,

That's news to me.  As of a few days ago, CS4, CS5 and CS6 activation servers still worked.  However, CS1, CS2, and CS3 activation servers are gone, forever.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Only the activation servers for CS3 and earlier have been shut down. See this Help file from 21 Jan 2020:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally moved from the Community Help forum to the Get started forum then someone move this conversation to the Photoshop forum.

I have Moved it Back to the Get Started forum because is is not only about Photoshop. It is about CS# suites.

Please Leave it here in the Get Started forum. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sisyphus? 🙂

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. My inquiry is the least about Photoshop as I am currently using the most recent version of Photoshop (and also Lightroom) CC. But I am trying to get updates/patch files for CS4 and here mainly for:

- Dreamweaver

- InDesign

- Illustrator

- Encore

For Premiere Pro CS4 I have all updates until v4.2.1, for Aftereffects CS4 I have all updates until v9.0.3.8, for Acrobat Pro CS4 I have all updates until v9.3.0. I have never used Soundbooth and will most likely not use Flash again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but not possible

Adobe has removed ALL CS6 and earlier download links for the base programs and all update files

The only remaining downloads WERE for people who bought a download direct from Adobe

The process below USED to work (until April 14) if you bought a download direct from Adobe... an employee is trying to find out why this process no longer works, so IF you bought a download direct from Adobe, check back every day to see if the process starts working again
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no updates for Dreamweaver CS4.

https://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html

Besides, obsolete web authoring software is useless to the modern web designer.  The web has changed too much in a decade.  You need a modern code editor and the skills to use it.  Brackets and Visual Studio Code are free.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines