• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device Activation Limit

Guide ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just carried out a clean install of CC (Photoshop CC 2019 wouldn't associate with .psd files) plus a Bios update on my Windows 10 PC.

Now, when launching Photoshop or Lightroom, I am informed that I've reached the device activation limit.  What is bizarre, is that it is already showing 2 instances of the PC I'm logging in with.

When I do deactivate them, I can open Photoshop until the next time it decides I have reached the activation limit.  In addition, when it does open, I get a momentary flash of a blank (white) Adobe dialogue box.  This did not happen before these difficulties.

Any suggestions would be welcome. 

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

In case you hadn't ever found a fix for this - Creative Cloud "Activation limit reached" or "Sign-in failed" error

the last suggestion on this page worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that Adobe system see 3 machines and the 2 machines with the same name for Adobe system are referring to 2 different machines .

Do you have a dual boot or virtual machine on this "I7-Desktop" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dual boot or virtual machine.  Just a bios update on my Win 10 box. 

In the early days of Win 7, Microsoft would see that as new hardware and want to re-license accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started to happen again in exactly the same way.

I am now promoted every time to sign in to i)  CC control panel ii) Any CC app iii) Adobe forums.

Any advice?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some outside-of-the-box thinking: is it possible that you're logged into Adobe on a standalone device or a device you don't use often?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do run mobile apps on my iPad.

The odd part about the activation warning is that all activation warnings refer to the same PC.   This device (not activated) is the i7-Desktop.

adobe cc.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today as well--one computer shows up twice under "activated devices" online. Contacted support--they suggested it was a problem with the web page. Not too much of a help, unfortunately.

If you figure out what's going on, I'd love to hear what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which web page would that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Just signed out the additional activations. It got solved on its own after a while.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst the activation limit warning did not happen this morning, I have to sign in to my CC account often, whereas it previously kept me signed in, and logging in was a rare event. . 

As I mentioned previously somewhere, I have to sign in to Adobe Forums every time I visit.  I think that Adobe is aware, and that it is a Jive issue.  Does anyone have further info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both problems may be related or not. That is difficult to see.

The fora have from time to time problems because of slow access, And sometimes we have reports like yours. As I said, I had the same, and it went away probably not on it’s own, but I cannot conect a specific event to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you hadn't ever found a fix for this - Creative Cloud "Activation limit reached" or "Sign-in failed" error

the last suggestion on this page worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks danr7.

I was looking for the 'Master' activation page, but couldn't find it anywhere.  Strange how it listed as activated my PC twice and laptop twice!  Something odd going on methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've found that in the last few days as well, the main activation page says that I'm logged in twice on the same laptop! definitely something odd happening. But I'm glad I found the activation page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s an intermittant problem happening from time to time. I’m having that also from time to time. It didn’t bother me however, as I simply disconnected the previous activation on the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I deactivated (reset) all units from within my Adobe CC master account page, all seems well

Until the next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into same problem today .. signing out fixed. Same deal .. all devices were the same comp. This kind of hassle should be expected from Adobe whom is unable to write good code outside any of their programs. They can't even housekeep the temp directory. CC app .. awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likewise this also happened to me last week. Seems like an ongoing bug, but I wouldn't expect any less from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines