Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device activation limit

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening.

I have an issue with being able to use ai on multiple computers at the same time. I have 3 licenses of ai but can only use 2 at once. This seems like a silly issue but i cannot get my head around how to sort this! At the moment I'm having to sign one computer out to continue due to the device activation limit, which defeats the point of having 3 seats of course.

Any help much appreciated

Damien

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retail or team licenses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually buy multiple licenses, with 3 separate registration numbers, or did you buy 1 license (1 registration number) and install the program on 3 separate computers

• Option 1 means you'll need to talk to customer support (see below for more information).
  • Option 2 means that you're trying to use AI on too many machines. A single license/registration number lets you INSTALL the program on multiple machines; however it can only be ACTIVATED on a maximum of 2, and you can only USE IT on 1 machine at a time. 

How to contact Customer Support:

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "I have 3 Licenses"? You have 3 separate Serial Numbers?

And what exact version of AI are you using. It would need to be CS6 or before, CS5, CS4 for you to have 3 Licenses, IE Serial Numbers.

Otherwise you don't buy licenses anymore. You Subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Adobe plan to ensure you have a Team license. Maybe you have more than one Adobe account and you are logged-in to the wrong one?

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Damo87, good morning.
Let's check the signed-in AdobeID.
If it's three licenses, all three should be separate.
If you are signed in with the same address,
For Team licenses, you need to assign three licenses to different Adobe IDs.

IllustratorIllustratorCreative CloudCreative Cloud

Click here to assign licenses and check assignment status

Admin Console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines