• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did Adobe deliberately break CS6?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a CS6 Master Collection license registered in my account since April 2012.  I know it's not supported anymore, but it does what I need it to.  Last week, the PDApp started popping up to "verify license" whenever I attempt to open Photoshop or InDesign.  It just spins, rendering my software inaccessible.  

I've searched the interwebs and tried several different "fixes" to no avail.  Did Adobe fire an update that basically forces someone like me to upgrade (buy something new)?  Is there a pathway to fix this?  I'm a little reticent to uninstall and attempt to reinstall because I'm not sure the install files are still available anywhere for CS6.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Where did you make your original purchase, and do you have the install discs?

For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too late... did a Cloud trial to test the newer versions -- concluded they weren't necessary for me.  

The original purchase for CS6 was direct from Adobe -- direct download.  I don't have disks and my Mac desktop doesn't have a drive anyway.  The Master Collection shows as registered (with serial number) under My Products in my account, but the Order History says "We didn't find any orders associated with your account."

Are there any other pathways to get the downloads?  Since Adobe support doesn't allow direct contact with them for "unsupported" versions, I can't even get a phone number to call them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe does not that! No need to do that! Your OS updates constantly, other programs you install may overwrite some data used by CS6. And nit to forget simply that hardware or sofware error of any kind can render a program useless.

It may be time to collect the install files and upgrades and to try to uninstall and install the programs again. There is, however, no guarantee that this will succeed.

Just to say: I still have a working CS5 system on one computer so I do not think that there is a general “old software” problem with a current Windows 10 system.

For further information and advice let us know your OS and version!

Abambo
via mobile phone.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this...

click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right

I have a download link on the right side (I have covered my order number)

Screen-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I won't send screenshots because I can't access Photoshop to cover the license number, but my Order History shows no orders... nothing at all.  But the My Products tab shows the Master Collection with serial numbers for Mac and Windows.

So I cannot take the steps you suggest since there is nothing in the Order History tab to click.  

Is there any way to get an Adobe person to engage so we can get this thing wired back up and running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this, you should always copy downloads to at least one external device (usb drive or dvd) to have the download in case your computer crashes and the download server has a problem

2 externals is even better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not break your software.  How many operating system updates have you received since 2012 when CS6 came out?  Every change to your computer takes it one step closer to incompatibility with older software, no matter which OS you have. 

Creative Suite 6 is on life support.  Public links to old installers and the necessary updates for them are gone.  Adobe removed them from service. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines