• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different accounts for different apps (work/personal)

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we are all working from home now I am struggling to make the legal side as well as the technical side workout. I'm sure most of the creatives who used to Adobe Cloud services are experiencing the same issue right now:
There is a corporate-managed account which you use to produce professional work and collaborate. And also you have your own personal account where you store family photos (hey Lightroom CC!) and even freelance work (PS Cloud documents).

Since there is no way to have multiple accounts on a single machine I have to re-login each time to CC app. It's a mess because I don't want my personal data(photos) to be floating in a corporate cloud. But the reality is that and will be like that for a long time.

I think during such challenging times it's very important for Adobe to focus on providing a best-in-class work-from-home experience. Start with a hacky workaround to keep our personal life/data separate from work. Then you can build on that and develop a more stable approach.

As for the money: since I have to use my corporate adobe account I am not able to use my personal use and I feel that is a bit hostage situation - I have to pay a monthly fee so my personal data won't be deleted but I can not use any of the software.

Things I've tried:
1. Re-login each time I need to use my personal account. This does not work because all locally cached data gets deleted and then it takes ages to resync.
2. Use web-only for Lightroom CC. This is not working because it's lacking lots of features.

3. Write a script to swap all local settings including current session data (login credentials) and local cache folder contents. This is not working because I don't know all locations to swap.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about a second computer or laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's desktop (I need Nvidia SLI). Unfortunately, I don't have floor space to organize the second workplace neither I have spare 2000Eur to buy hardware. I think a lot of Adobe customers experience a similar problem right now besides the kids running all around and unplugging cables 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines