Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work for an organization that does not allow "Cloud-based" software. Is there in option within Photoshop CC in which you can choose not to install the cloud features, or to disable them once installed? We can only have localized software on the machine.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Hi coreydep,

Adobe Creative cloud desktop app helps you activate your apps and also in keeping them up to date, you can definitely choose to turn off sync and nothing will be synced to Cloud.

However, the applications connect to server once in 30 days to make sure you have your products activated and up and running in order to do that it needs internet connection.

Cloud features are optional it is not necessary to use the cloud space as that is given to you as a part of your subscription but you ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi coreydep,

Adobe Creative cloud desktop app helps you activate your apps and also in keeping them up to date, you can definitely choose to turn off sync and nothing will be synced to Cloud.

However, the applications connect to server once in 30 days to make sure you have your products activated and up and running in order to do that it needs internet connection.

Cloud features are optional it is not necessary to use the cloud space as that is given to you as a part of your subscription but you can choose not to use them.

See how you can turn OFF sync feature in Creative cloud app: Synchronize settings using Creative Cloud

Also see the below links to know more about Adobe Creative Cloud sync feature:

Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Sync application settings with Creative Cloud

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services, download apps, share file...

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app: Questions and answers

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the correct answer. This is only related to cloud storage. Many of Adobe's programs send pieces of your work to AWS, where the image is processed by their servers, and then results sent back to you. And some interactions that users may not be aware of actually cause the image to be stored for review by adobe without explicitly telling you.

I'm not sure most users know that making a selection with the direct select tool is doing that. They may know that generative fill sends data, but content aware fill seems Awfully similar and Doesn't send anything.....I think. Again, you don't Really know. 

I'm trying to figure out a way to enable/disable All creative cloud features that may send data somewhere else when I'm working on something that may be more sensitive, but have them enabled when I'm just doing something for social media, personal work, and something known to be public work. 

I love the direction of some of the new features, but I Don't love that the only way for me to know they aren't working is to shut off internet on my computer entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The given answer is not longer correct. The option to disable cloud syncing has been removed. You can pause it, but not completely disable it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines