• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Adobe products support Myanmar Unicode font or other Asian fonts?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a project that needs Burmese orMyanmar subtitles. I've tried using different Myanmar fonts already but I can't get it right. Do Adobe products doesn't support Myanmar Unicode or other Asian fonts? Pls help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems it is not supported, see a thread on the same topic below from 2015 with a response from Adobe employee confirming it's not supported. The thread has comment as recent as 2020 so it seems that is still the case.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/i-am-adobe-user-from-myanmar-burmese/td-p/6989574

The thread also has a open ticket on InDesign feature request, you can upvote it so that the chances of it being seen by engineering team increases

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey vi·car·i·ous,

I'm from Myanmar and also Users of Adobe Products.

Please try to use Pyidaungsu Book Font. It works perfectly in every Adobe Products.

FYI,

Some Myanmar Unicode Fonts will not be working at Adobe Products that happen because Opentype Features that scripted in those fonts are not same.

As far as i notice, Opentype Features that scripted in Myanmar Text Font are not working correctly in Adobe Products.

Pyidaungsu Font is scripted by different Opentype Features that make sure to work correctly Myanmar Unicode at Adobe Products. 

If you have any problem using Pyidaungsu Book Font. Contact me anytime.  [E-mail removed by moderator for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a problem with Pyidaungsu Book displaying ကြၢး correctly. This is how it displays:

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 11.02.16 AM.png

Using InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Adobe products do. You don’t say which ones you use but InDesign recently added this. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/south-east-asian-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines