Highlighted

Do Adobe products support Myanmar Unicode font or other Asian fonts?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a project that needs Burmese orMyanmar subtitles. I've tried using different Myanmar fonts already but I can't get it right. Do Adobe products doesn't support Myanmar Unicode or other Asian fonts? Pls help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Do Adobe products support Myanmar Unicode font or other Asian fonts?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a project that needs Burmese orMyanmar subtitles. I've tried using different Myanmar fonts already but I can't get it right. Do Adobe products doesn't support Myanmar Unicode or other Asian fonts? Pls help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems it is not supported, see a thread on the same topic below from 2015 with a response from Adobe employee confirming it's not supported. The thread has comment as recent as 2020 so it seems that is still the case.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/i-am-adobe-user-from-myanmar-burmese/td-p/6989574

The thread also has a open ticket on InDesign feature request, you can upvote it so that the chances of it being seen by engineering team increases

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Adobe products do. You don’t say which ones you use but InDesign recently added this. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/south-east-asian-scripts.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 1