Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do CS6 licenses expire?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have tried to re-install a valid CS6 bought in 2013 from a legit reseller. OS is a fresh WIN10 uk installation.

I get the "license is invalid", so I contacted the Adobe live chat. The guy behind the chat verified my license to be valid, asked me to download some of his files (not solved), took over my screen (not solved) and finally said he would escalate the problem.

Today I received an e-mail from Adobe Support claiming my license had expired in 2014, which is impossible, since I used this CS6 till at least 2015. 

But anyway, do CS6 licenses really expire? Or any other Adobe "PRE-cloud" software?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

>bought in 2013 from a legit reseller

It MAY be that have something that is not 'legit' and it took Adobe awhile to find out

Invalid Serial Number https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/I-purchased-CS5-years-ago-but-attempts-to-download-it-now-fail/td-p/9246661
-https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html
-and revoked volume number https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Feeling-cheated-CS6-serial-number-revoked/td-p/9807405
-Problems with software valida

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for the quick reply!

I am pretty sure it's legit, because it was bought from a (government funded!) educational institute.

Could it have something to do with the fact that it is a Student license?

Cheers,

Cees

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A student license requires that you install the student version.

The regular version will not accept a student version serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true (according to Adobe). Installation files are exactly the same.

It seems (although Adobe is hesitant to admit it), that because I switched to CC in 2014, the CS6 license immediately expired (although it's a different product!!), so switching back to CS6 a few years later is apparently a no-go.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

I don't know who told you the installer is the same, but that person is wrong

The education installer may look the same, but it will only work with an education serial number... and the education serial number will not work with the retail installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Wish I had known back then.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines