• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need to uninstall previous versions??

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded the latest Photoshop CC & Lightroom Classic CC via the direct link - creative Cloud was taking 7 hours so far for PS and was only on 20%!

Now I have the latest versions installed & my actions ready, do I need to uninstall the previous versions as it didn't happen during the new installation? Even after reboot my CC panel is still showing that they both need updating.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

If you do not want the previous versions, you can most certainly delete them through the Creative Cloud desktop app. You do not need to keep them around

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

you can uninstall if you like, but that's not necessary and not always desirable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s no need to unistall the previous version, but If your not going to use them, I think it’s better to uninstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's more that I don't really want there to be 2gb of software I don't need stuck on my computer, but I also wonder if Creative Cloud will ever update itself or show that I actually have the updated versions installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want the previous versions, you can most certainly delete them through the Creative Cloud desktop app. You do not need to keep them around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just looked around the desktop app but I can't see where to uninstall. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assume you're running Desktop app version 5.3.1.470. (Help > About).

See https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines