• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Photoshop CS5 Work With Windows 10?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I currently have Photoshop CS5 installed on my 64-bit Windows 7 Desktop computer, and I was planning on upgrading to Windows 10. The only thing holding me back is I'm not sure if Photoshop CS5 will work on Windows 10.

So my question is... will Adobe Photoshop CS5 work on Windows 10?

Thanks,

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

Yes it works fine. I have been using Master Suite CS5 on 2 machines since the summer that were upgraded to Windows 10. I had some issues installing on a new machine with Windows 10 but I solved them. The most problematic was Premiere Pro as it would crash on opening and closing. This was not an issue with the machines that already had CS5 installed but was an issue installing as new. This was only an issue with Premiere Pro. Photoshop installed just fine.

A couple of things to remember and might be wise to keep a text file along with a folder of CS5 updates/downloads. Installing CS5 can be done in  Windows 10 by opening the setup file in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7. Right click the file and hit properties. compatibility and select win 7 and then double click the setup file. The second thing to remember is Adobe Application Manager will not function in Windows 10. There is an update for AAM and it's specified for CS5.5 and CC. It also works to update AAM in CS5. I tested it last night and solved my issue updating my applications in Windows 10 to the last versions.

Hope this helps.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I have just downloaded  CS5 on a Windows 10 system, all the toolbars and the text that goes with then are very small and I cannot find a solution. Have you had this problem?

Jack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CS5 on four Windows 10 64-bit PCs for over a year with no problems.  I do not recall any installaion problems.  It works fine just like it did on my old Windows 7 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind if I ask what computer you're using? I'm currently shopping for a new one. I have the creative standard design suite CS5 and I don't want to upgrade it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem telling you about my PC but I don't think it will be of much help. I'm low budget and my PC is a refurbished (by HP) desktop model 500-424 which came with Win10 Pro installed. But I've also installed CS5 on my laptop, an Asus Aspire V5-571 with Win10 Home. Both work fine and neither caused any problem installing CS5. The laptop is significantly less powerful than the desktop. Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Low budget is fine with me. I have been looking through
specs and forum in order to avoid any conflict and finding your comment
helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased an ASUS zenbook 15 windows 10 and I have been able to download adobe acrobat x and CS. Photoshop is working after tweaking the display from 3840x 2160 to 1920x1080.  Now photshop is not in micetype size.  In Design works fine when downloaded.  I called adobe and they wanted me to purchase new software for a 1 time use or subscribe and refused to help me even though I own the liscence product. I am retired and can not afford to buy this pricey stuff for volunteer projects. The local techs that helped had never seen the issed but solved it in less than a few minutes and needless to say would not change me. Hope this helps anyone who sees this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly I am going to Widows 10 and have Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition 5.5, did your adobe design suite   

work ok with Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

philball, you seem to have the best answer to my question. I've been using the online version and hate it. I'm a casual user, and it is way too complicated for me. I want to install CS5 and from your answer, it seems like I can. Must I uninstall the online version first? (I want to make sure CS5 will actually work before I go to all the trouble and maybe have to reinstall the online version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CS5 for years with Windows 10 including the latest update to Windows 2004 and it works just fine. While I've never used the online version and probably never will due to price and dependence on the Internet, it works fine alongside Photoshop Elements 2020 which is what I use to teach Photoshop because it is affordable for most of my class members. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with PSE 2020 as the tools work a bit better. The only drawback to it is that it is slower to start because it is really three programs in one. Anyway, the only drawback to CS5 is the RAW conversion which is not as up to date for the latest cameras but I have PSE 2020 for that. There may be some tools missing from CS5 that you use in the latest online version but I haven't really found any that I miss. Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Phil. My plan to reinstall CS5 fell through, the disk I thought it was on looks blank, and I can't find a download for CS5. Is it possible that Windows 10 can't read the disk? If so, is there a work around? I will look into PSE 2020, hoping it is less complicated than the online Photoshop CC.

honeychile, AKA Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had an install of Premier Pro on Windows 10 forever. But after it crashed today I mistakenly followed its advice and tried to uninstall/reisntall.

The uninstall happened, I think. But the re-install won't work. The installer fails with dozens of errors of this form:

"WARNING: OS requirements not met for {xxxx}"

And then dozens of messages like this: "WARNING: DW036: payload cannot be installed due to the failure of the operation dependent"

Is there any way to make this work?

(Yes, I know CS5 is old. But it mostly works for what I need, and I already paid (a lot!) for it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work with Windows 11?

I've recently upgraded my Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are savvy enough to download Windows 11 when it hasn't even been released yet, then just install and try it. Who knows? It might work. Me? It is too soon to concern myself with a Beta version of Windows yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you I am familiar a n.v d satisfied with what I can do with my old CX5.  I upgraded to windows 10 and it still works great.  

All the besf!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and for others, windows still has compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't know what you're missing!  The improvements in Photoshop will astound you.  I guarantee it. 😁

Win10 is an old operating system from 2015.  The latest version is Win11.   When you upgrade, CS5 may stop working.  Computers & software have changed a LOT in 10+ years. 

The good news is Adobe offers a free 7 day trial to Creative Cloud.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/campaign/pricing.html

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 22H2, 21H2, 21H1;
  • MacOS 13 (Ventura), 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur).

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows10 is still the most common operating system in the world. 2015 isn't ancient Rome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DavidWinter 

and older (and current) versions of adobe products work with win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DavidWinter,

It's nearly 2024.  As an unpaid forum volunteer, I no longer field questions about legacy Creative Suite software that's been discontinued & unsupported since Jan 2017.  

If customers can't see fit to upgrade from 10+ year old software for compatibility & security reasons, I'm afraid that's their cross to bear, not mine.   Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes it world on Windows 10. I will not purchaser subscription as long as
this works fine. Not necessary for my needs.
Too many glitches with cloud adobe products.
Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines