• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does updating a product download and reinstall the whole product.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone told me that updating an adobe product after CC 2015 downloads and reinstalls the whole product. Is this true. This would cost me a lot of data.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Any time a program gets UpGRADED, A New Major Release, from version 19.x.x to version 20.x.x, the Whole program gets downloaded and installed.

If it just an UpDATE, Same Major release but different point release, from 20.1 to 20.2, then more than likely only the files need to do that UpDATE are downloaded.

But it never clear in the CC desktop app if  what they call an UpDATE is really an UpGRADE. They both say UPDATE.

So you need to Read what that Update really is. An Update to the existing

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expect any update to be a gigabyte or more and often the complete thing. I don't recommend any kind of CC update when you are billed for data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any time a program gets UpGRADED, A New Major Release, from version 19.x.x to version 20.x.x, the Whole program gets downloaded and installed.

If it just an UpDATE, Same Major release but different point release, from 20.1 to 20.2, then more than likely only the files need to do that UpDATE are downloaded.

But it never clear in the CC desktop app if  what they call an UpDATE is really an UpGRADE. They both say UPDATE.

So you need to Read what that Update really is. An Update to the existing version already installed on your system or an Upgrade to a newer Major release.

Also I suggest you turn off the Auto updating of both the CC desktop app and all other Adobe programs. You do that in the CC desktop apps Preferences.

2020-06-21 09_07_33-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

And stop the CC desktop app from starting with your system. It does not need to be running all the time to use any other Adobe program.

2020-06-21 09_06_45-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Only start it when and if you want to check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines