Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double charged

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone!

Please help. I was making my order on the Adobe website. First my bank denied the operation as there were not enough money on the balance of the card. As I settled the problem I made the order once again sucessfully. The money were credited from my account immediately. Half an hour later the same amount was credited once again. I wrote to the support but they see the only transaction. But my bank account and online banking system tell me another story. I was credited twice. The support advised me to wait 24h to get my money back, but who will initiate the return then: not the company - they see the only transaction, not the bank - they do it immediately if there is some denial. So the money were credited and received. I am also ready to give proofs for that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Your point of contact should be 2 companies:

Sometimes especially with credit cards, the charge gets booked but disappears later on because the operation got cancelled in between. This may produce the phenomena described: You see 2 bookings, Adobe sees only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not the link to Adobe support

-other users here can't help with that specific problem

-please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your point of contact should be 2 companies:

Sometimes especially with credit cards, the charge gets booked but disappears later on because the operation got cancelled in between. This may produce the phenomena described: You see 2 bookings, Adobe sees only one.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Yes, I understand it. But the support wasn’t very helpful as they cannot see the second payment and I am afraid that the money won’t come back themselves.

And my second fear is that since that I will be double charged every month. I think I will try to contact support team in the USA directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yys  wrote

But the support wasn’t very helpful as they cannot see the second payment

That's part of my message.

yys  wrote

I think I will try to contact support team in the USA directly.

If you are located in the US, yes. Else you should contact your local support. I doubt, however, that thy will be able to give you a different answer. It would probably be best to inform Adobe and your bank by registered mail of the situation as that will help you to prove your action.

It is not possible from the way that Adobe build the account to take a subscription twice for the same account (you may well take different subscriptions with the same account!). So if you get double charged, there are only 2 possibilities:

• 2 subscriptions on 2 different accounts, but the same credit card.
  • a processing error from Adobe.

Good luck. Let us know if you need us to escalate this. As John T Smith​ wrote, this is a user to user forum. But ACPs can knock on internal doors to escalate a case if Adobe support is not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two accounts but I don’t use the old one at all. It seems like it is a processing error. The bad thing is that I don’t have support In my language, just in English. And they don’t have an ability to see processing errors of Abode website. As I see it Abobe requests money, bank transfers. Here they requested two times and after the first unsuccesful attempt didn’t deny the request so the bank reacted. I also got the message that my order is processing only on the second time.  So it’s not my mistake , or the bank’s fault. But surprisingly Adobe doesn’t have opportunity to find out what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also know cases when local support couldnt help settle the problem but the UK office for example did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on where "local" is... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me today::

My first-month Adobe CC subscription was billed by DRI Shannon and it ended because I cannot find the button to manually renew from my preferred card.

Then, one of their many their support from India gave me a link to renew my subscription. It was charged by DRI Shannon. 3 days after paying my account got suspended by Adobe stating I didn't pay the renewal fee.

Again I chat with their useless support and they said they will refund the payment. One day after this 'refund' DRI Shannon took out the monthly fee (i saw this from my bank e-statement today) but this wasn't reflected in my Adobe account viewed from my Adobe account.

1- Adobe support is useless, full of hopeless support who keep on messing up.

2- No one can ever identify or call this DRI Shannon

3- If anyone wants to use Adobe product through online subscriptions, they cannot opt to pay manually for renewal. They'll have to wait for Adobe to withdraw your fund and its managed by this thief DRI Shannon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is DRI Shannon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a company that takes payment for Adobe, from my bank account, in full its (DRI*ADOBE SALES SHANNON IR)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DRI Shannon stands for Digital River in Shannon, Ireland. If I'm not mistaken almost all European Adobe orders go through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, this is happening to me as well. I signed up for a small subscription for Acrobat in November 2019 for $14.99 month ($15.93 which includes tax). In December I noticed they charged me twice. I contacted support through chat and they refunded me back the 15.93 a couple days later. Admittedly I am not great about checking my CC activity and my business checking account generaly hardly has any money in it anyway. 

Fast forward to today (Feb 2020) and I checked my balance in my checking account and notice I am in the negative. Why? Because Adobe charged me DOUBLE AGAIN for my monthly subscription. And the overage caused my bank to charge me an overdraft. Now I'm pissed off. This shouldn't have happened again after I complained in December

I did some digging in my checking account and find out that they have been charging me double EVERY MONTH since I signed up. November, December, January and now February.  I never noticed the November because I had no reason to believe when I signed up that month that I would be charged double so I didn't check the charges. December I caught and I contacted them. I didn't check in January because I naturally assumed that after December's fix, they wouldn't do it again in January (but they did). So now they owe me almost $50 that they overcharged me. 

When I contacted support through chat, I was on chat for 40 mins back and forth. The agent keeps telling me "on their end" they see they are only charging me once. He asks me to send them screenshots of my statements. So I do. Its clearly showing duplicate charges every month. He tells me that because "on their end" they are only seeing as charging me once a month, there is nothing he can do and I have to contact my bank to dispute the charges. 

This is complete BS that I should have to even do this. I provided Adobe with proof they are overcharging me every month, they shouldn't make me go through hoops to get refunded for something THEY did in error! And they should be doing something to make sure they are fixing whatever is causing this to happen! Am I going to have to do this song and dance with my bank now every single month for the end of time?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The same happens to me, and because I do trust in Adobe never has this kind of problem, here I am with several months double-charged. Is it a resolution associated with this post? I don't want to go through spend my time and Adobe time if already I can follow a process already communicated to fix this.

Adobe team, please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

You can also search for Adobe customer support using your favorite search engine. This will normally provide you with a regionally appropriate phone number that you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am logged in, using Chrome, allowed cookies, still I cant see any chat option. Please, how can I get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines