• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downgrade from Indesign CC 2017 to CC 2015

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Blurb Book Creator Plug-in. It worked in ID CC 2015, but I can't get it installed in ID CC 2017.

So my only option is to downgrade: remove the 2017 version and reinstall the 2015 version.

And there is where it goes wrong.

So far it was easy to reinstall older versions from the Cloud app, but the instructions to do this don't work anymore.

Where can I find the InDesign CC 2015 Install button now??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

You need to look under Find Additional Apps, not Previous Versions ( which shows you the previous versions you have installed already).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I most certainly did. That's why I posted: in my latest version of Creative Cloud the options to download older versions are suddenly gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating MH57

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still showing up here. You changed the filter to show previous versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filter is not there anymore for the menu bar 'Older versions.

When I open this part of the menu, I only get the option 'Installed (1)' and it show Extension Manager CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look under Find Additional Apps, not Previous Versions ( which shows you the previous versions you have installed already).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slowly starting to feel quite stupid. I did look there already five times and only noticed the black menu options. Just only see the blue one in the bottom. I just missed it because it seemed some kind of footer text, I guess. Turns out to be the solution. Big thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, mine still doesn't have the option..Am I not seeing it?Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 7.50.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It IS confusing.

(1) Under the Apps tab, scroll down to FIND ADDITIONAL APPS

(2) Open the menu to the right. Mine looks like this (it shows VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS in blue at the bottom):

Finder020.png

(3) When you select the blue "Previous Version," the display looks like this. Then when you click "Install" to the right of InDesign, you'll see the available versions:

Finder019.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its weird, the blue like is just not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Creative Cloud desktop app do you have? Go to the "gear" icon > Preferences. What number does it show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screen capture, I only see one (1) application in the LATEST VERSIONS SECTION. And I don't think you have InDesign CC 2017 installed. That may be why you don't see Previous Versions of the current applications.

Install CC 2017 first. Then you probably will see the section appear to install previous versions. (You can then uninstall CC 2017 if you want to. You can have them both installed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed Creative Cloud on a new computer yesterday, but cannot find InDesign 2015. When we go to "install previous versions" we only see these 5. Any other advice on how to install InDesign 2015?Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 12.23.55 PM.png

We've uninstalled InDesign 2017 and re-installed InDesign 2017 and either way, see only the same 5 applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Creative Cloud Install forum. I think the people in this forum are more familiar with an issue like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to get this far and do see many previous app versions available however I need to go back to Acrobat DC 2015 and it is not listed.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't downgrade either. Tried to uninstall InDesign 2017 and find InDesign 2015, did not manage.

Now reinstalled 2017, but there is no View previous versions-button to be found.

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 10.23.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thats what i'm getting.It's confusing

I think they should fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And WHY SI NOT UNDER "PREVIOUS VERSIONS?" Why does it auto-uninstall my old version without me having a chance to transition to the new one? It's astonishing the incompetence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try upgrading your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

The new version of this app (just out this week) makes it easier to find and [re-]install different or older versions of the CC apps... "Multiple versions of an application are now nested together with a toggle that allows you to launch, update, or delete the apps individually."

If you still can't find what you want there, then check out this guide:

How to Access, Restore or Update to Any Version of Adobe CC Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines