• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Bandwidth for App Update Restriction

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through and can't see a fix (such as this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/app-updates-consuming-all-bandwidth) but is there a way to limit download bandwidth for app updates?

I know I can limit the sync (however 100%/75%/50%/25% aren't great options) but that limit doesn't apply to downloading app updates.

My internet connection is a bit ropey, it's supposed to be 100mbps and on an evening we get 80mbps average however, over the past few months, that's only on burst. A speedtest for instance will run fine but trying to download anything over 50mbps  (ie steam updates, windows updates or adobe updates) causes the internet to disconnect.

Have swapped out all kit in the house so it's nothing to do with my modem etc.. Whilst I work this all out with the provider it would be nice if Creative Cloud Desktop didn't keep kicking my connection off every five minutes because it doesn't have a basic bandwidth limiter like every other application has (or, even worse, has one but applies it to only one aspect not everything).

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I am very frustrated with the same problem.  I am a Mac user and have a program called Little Snitch so I can see what applications have stopped my internet being usable.  I found that when Adobe updates automatically start, I have to manually block the update traffic with Little Snitch so that I can continue to do my work.  Then I have to remember to manually re-enable the traffic through again so that I can control when the updates are going to consume all my available bandwidth.   I don't have the luxury of multi-gigabit link to the internet to make these updates happen quickly. 

Effectively for me, Adobe updates are just like a denial of service application and kills my internet connection by consuming all the available bandwidth when the auto-update kicks in. 

Please Adobe, we need bandwidth trottling to be programmed into your update software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VK8tmj, thanks for the feedback.  You may want to try an opposite approach to your current traffic monitoring. Many system resources are being utilized to monitor and block all of the Internet-based requests coming to and from the computer; blocking the connection to servers could also exacerbate the issue as applications may use additional system resources to check for an active connection.

As opposed to using Little Snitch, I would recommend you rely on a properly configured software firewall.  This will give you the same abilities as a traffic monitor but won't use the extra system resources to identify known traffic/sources constantly.  You can then reserve the use of Little Snitch as a diagnostic tool when needed.

You can find more information on what the background processes are used for at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html.  If you feel that any of the processes are using excessive system resources, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that your specific circumstances can be evaluated and any unexpected behavior resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.  Little Snitch is a software based firewall and it is working fine and doesn't caue me any problems.  It only consumes a very tiny amount of system resources when it is operating.  

I had a look at the link on background processes and none of these are of concern.  Attached is a screen capture of the Adobe process which requires Adobe to configure internet bandwidth thottling to.

Kind regards,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Vk8tmj. If you have any additional concerns, then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read this too and the others like that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/app-updates-consuming-all-bandwidth/td-p...

And please take care of it instead of closing topics without a real solution (not you Jeff but Adobe staff in general)

Thank for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane, always the same topics, always the same useless answer from Adobe people.

You update tool for apps is mad, it is taking all of the ressources of the bandwith available and everything else on our network even my TV with netflix is freezing.

This is a real joke, It has been 4 years and there are still not listenning to real users.

I am a home user, I will not buy a harware firewall because your software is not well designed....

At list duplicate the sync files bandwith option to the app update part so you can select 25% or 50% for example and still use ou TV and ou computers whil app are updating...

Please do something, we pay for that service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines