Highlighted

Download Bandwidth for App Update Restriction

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through and can't see a fix (such as this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/app-updates-consuming-all-bandwidth) but is there a way to limit download bandwidth for app updates?

I know I can limit the sync (however 100%/75%/50%/25% aren't great options) but that limit doesn't apply to downloading app updates.

My internet connection is a bit ropey, it's supposed to be 100mbps and on an evening we get 80mbps average however, over the past few months, that's only on burst. A speedtest for instance will run fine but trying to download anything over 50mbps  (ie steam updates, windows updates or adobe updates) causes the internet to disconnect.

Have swapped out all kit in the house so it's nothing to do with my modem etc.. Whilst I work this all out with the provider it would be nice if Creative Cloud Desktop didn't keep kicking my connection off every five minutes because it doesn't have a basic bandwidth limiter like every other application has (or, even worse, has one but applies it to only one aspect not everything).

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Download Bandwidth for App Update Restriction

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through and can't see a fix (such as this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/app-updates-consuming-all-bandwidth) but is there a way to limit download bandwidth for app updates?

I know I can limit the sync (however 100%/75%/50%/25% aren't great options) but that limit doesn't apply to downloading app updates.

My internet connection is a bit ropey, it's supposed to be 100mbps and on an evening we get 80mbps average however, over the past few months, that's only on burst. A speedtest for instance will run fine but trying to download anything over 50mbps  (ie steam updates, windows updates or adobe updates) causes the internet to disconnect.

Have swapped out all kit in the house so it's nothing to do with my modem etc.. Whilst I work this all out with the provider it would be nice if Creative Cloud Desktop didn't keep kicking my connection off every five minutes because it doesn't have a basic bandwidth limiter like every other application has (or, even worse, has one but applies it to only one aspect not everything).

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?