Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download InDesign CS5.5 7.5.3 Update for Mac

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yesterday I installed a Mac version (Box) of Adobe InDesign CS5.5 and I wanted to update InDesign to the latest version 7.5.3.

But Adobe canceled the support for older versions and the good old download links don't work anymore.

Can someone help me and provide me the file AdobeInDesign7_5_3_Patch-All.dmg ?

Many thanks in advance!

Florian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Thank you for the update, Florian.  The error U43M1D207 indicates that the update package is being corrupted during the download process.

I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed firewall or security software that could be affecting the ability to download the update.  You can find more information about error U43M1D207 at Error downloading or updating Adobe Creative Cloud apps .

This error can also occur if you have previously installed newer versions of Adobe applications.  Tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florian,

I don't think so. Adobe has withdrawn all download links.

You have to contact Adobe Support:

How to initiate chat with Adobe Support?

One important question:
Did you ever installed Creative Cloud on your system?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Adobe Support told me to contact the community.

Maybe someone has this file locally stored on a Mac and can provide it to me!?

I don't have a CC plan.

Regards,

Florian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florian,

Thanks for reaching out. It is true that CS applications are discontinued as they are no longer compatible with today's operating systems, however, I am still moving this discussion to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ community, hoping that our installation experts can help you with this.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe Support told me to contact the community

See my reply in Can't download CS6 Retina Patches for Illustrator & Photoshop in 2019

That support agent is WRONG... users do not have access to Adobe's hidden links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F.Preugschat  wrote

…Can someone help me and provide me the file AdobeInDesign7_5_3_Patch-All.dmg ?

Hi Florian,

did you already get some help?

Is your issue solved?

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

no, I did not receive any help (or the file) yet.

Regards,

Florian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Florian, I am sorry to hear that you are facing problems updating InDesign CS5.5.  What error message do you receive when you use the auto-update feature within InDesign CS5.5?  What Adobe software, and versions, were previously installed on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I installed InDesign CS5.5 from DVD on a clean / fresh installed iMac (late 2014). There were no previous versions of any Adobe software on this iMac.

After installation I started from inside InDesign the Update Tool and it found several updates. All updates were downloaded and installed successfully exept the update from InDesign CS5.5 v7.5.0 to v7.5.3.

The error message said: "Unable to apply updates" (translated from the German error message)

In the logfile I found the error code U43M1D207 and the error message that downloading the update package failed.

I only want / need the file AdobeInDesign7_5_3_Patch-All.dmg from Adobe or a nice person here in the community.

Regards,

Florian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, Florian.  The error U43M1D207 indicates that the update package is being corrupted during the download process.

I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed firewall or security software that could be affecting the ability to download the update.  You can find more information about error U43M1D207 at Error downloading or updating Adobe Creative Cloud apps .

This error can also occur if you have previously installed newer versions of Adobe applications.  Thanks for the confirmation that this was a fresh install of CS5.5 on a clean iMac.  Even the use of the migration assistant, if used to transfer applications, can cause this error to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

thank you for your answer.

I didn't use any migration assistant and there is no firewall or anti virus software installed on the iMac.

Regards,

Florian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Florian, thanks for the update.  The U43M1D207 error does indicate that the update package is being corrupted during the download process.  You will want to investigate further what may be causing the corruption or leave InDesign CS5.5 without the update being applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered the same issue; I was able to identify the URLs that the Adobe Application Manager downloads the update files from, download them directly from there, and then install them manually.

The InDesign CS 5.5 7.5.3 patch can be downloaded from:

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeInDesignCS5.5-7.5/7.5.3.333/Setup.dmg

Also, for the sake of completeness, here are the URLs of the other updates that were downloaded. It should be obvious from the filenames which updates they are, except for the last one; I'm not sure, but I assume it's something to do with Adobe Creative Cloud.

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeApplicationManager-1.0/update14/setup.dmg

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeDreamweaverCS5.5-11.5/11.5.3/Setup.dmg

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeExtensionManagerCS5.5-5.5/5.5.3/Setup.dmg

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeInDesignCS5.5-7.5/7.5.3.333/Setup.dmg

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeMediaEncoderCS5.5-5.5/5.5.1/Setup.dmg

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/FlashPro11.5/11.5.1/Setup.dmg

swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw-6.0/6.7.040/Setup.dmg

ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/ACCCx4_9_0_515.dmg

Given that the manual download links are now broken on the support site, I'd recommend downloading them and keeping them backed-up somewhere safe for future use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SpencerHarding - Thank you for sharing the links to the patches!

I was able to install CS5.5 Design Standard on a  2010 13" MacBook Pro purchased used from facebook and upgraded with parts from OWC.

However, I ran into issues trying to just run the updates and was getting frustrated.

I tried to find the folder that Adobe was downloading the update DMGs so I could try and install them with Terminal. *Because there is an error just trying to run the CS5.5 installer but find the answer https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html *

Well, anyway...

I googled the name (InDesign CS5.5 7.5.3) of the update that kept failing and I landed in the community pages and I am so freaking happy that I scrolled all the way down and got the actual direct links from you.

You are awesome. I was able to get everything updated and now have a perpetual licensed AI installed and I can finally stop using Illustrator CC and save myself a few bucks a month. Plus, this MBP is now screaming fast (with 16g RAM and an SSD with new battery) and don't have to compete with my partner to use the newer laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, SpencerHarding,

Your links are worth gold!

Hi lvl, 

I just faced the same issue. It is because Adobe did revoke the signature of the update installer. Apple Gatekeeper will prevent these update-installers from running, or in your words, the update will fail.
There is a way around it. Hope you feel comfortable using the terminal and the command line and you trust the source of the updates, you downloaded. Then, follow the steps below:

1) Open the *.dmg files, you downloaded

2) Open a Terminal

3) Switch off Gatekeeper using the following command in the Terminal App (I assume your account has Admin Rights or you know an account, which has Admin Rights): sudo spctl --master-disable. This command will ask you the password of an account having the right to elevate to Admin Rights.

4) Check the current status of Gatekeeper in terminal: spctl --status The status should be reported as "assessment disabled"

5) Change directory to the Update Installer in the Terminal App: cd

cd /Volumes/InDesignCS5.5-AdobeUpdate/InDesignCS5.5-AdobeUpdate/AdobePatchInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/ in case of the InDesignCS5.5 update

6) Run the app in the MacOS folder in the Terminal adding a dot followed by a slash ahead the name: ./AdobePatchInstaller

7) Do steps 5) & 6) for all updates

8) IMPORTANT: enable Gatekeeper in the Terminal: sudo spctl --master-enable

9) IMPORTANT: check the status of Gatekeeper. It must be enabled to protect your Mac from Malware.  The answer in the Terminal shall look like "assessment enabled"

This worked out for me running Mojave 10.14.6 on an unsupported macbook5,1.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines