• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download of CC stuck on 21.5%

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to download creative cloud and indesign to my Mac but the installer gets stuck at 21.5% for CC and 9.1% for Indesign. I had them both on my laptop before but I have since deleted them and I'm trying to re-intall but it is not working, please help someone?! 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Skiwithpete and Mamo88_, I am sorry but being stuck at a particular percentage does not provide any guidance as to the error that is preventing the installation.  Did you locate any errors in the install log?  If not, or you do not wish to manually review the log, then please contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance.  

You are currently posting in public discussion forum, so you will need to implement the suggestions in the discussion if you wish t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Had this issue, tried everything that forums suggested (including CC cleaner tool) and nothing worked. Ended up talking to an Adobe person and realised you can just download the entire setup files directly from the website. This will work perfectly!

CC Desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#ProblemsinstallingTryalternativedownloadlinks

All programs: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaddyBev1, do you ever seen any errors while trying to install the CC applications?  If not, then please check the install log for the error that is preventing the installations from completing.  You can find information on how to locate and interpret the installation log at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I don't know where to find install logs. I had CS6, but after upgrade to Catalina, I need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it for me too.  Catalina user trying to re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue for me. I tried so many times to reperform the installation but I experienced always the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skiwithpete and Mamo88_, I am sorry but being stuck at a particular percentage does not provide any guidance as to the error that is preventing the installation.  Did you locate any errors in the install log?  If not, or you do not wish to manually review the log, then please contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance.  

You are currently posting in public discussion forum, so you will need to implement the suggestions in the discussion if you wish to make progress with resolving the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_A_Wright - I followed you steps as I am having the same issue as those above with a 21.5% stuck install. When I trace the error logs I find this:

10/21/19 12:00:02:763 | [TRACE] | | SMJobBlessHelper | SMJobBlessHelper | | | | 1157626 | 0 | Inside ProcessLauncher::executeAction | Return status of LaunchProcess 1 with errorCode 0l & returnCode 0l

that leads me to this solution:

"How to fix the "Creative Cloud desktop app failed to install" error
Try the following solutions in order. Stop once you're able to successfully install the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then reinstall it.
Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.
Reinstall Creative Cloud desktop app using an administrator account."

Can I just delete the Creative Cloud installer from my Mac? I don't seem to have Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool - so I'm not sure how to address this issue, please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andia, I appreciate the update, but I am unsure which log you are reviewing.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html for information on how you can discover the error that is preventing installation.

I will look forward to your update on this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I eventually solved this through support who had to remote into my machine and solve it - not sure what the issue was, it took 3 successive downloads and installs before it installed properly, but it is working now. Thanks for coming back to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update, Andia, I am happy to hear our support team resolved the error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this same issue.... it gives no error message or code, just gets fully stuck on 21.5% 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Maximip1, please contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance with locating and resolving the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maximip1,

I concur with Jeff_A_Wright - support is the best solution, I spent ages trawling forums without finding a solution. support was really excellent and resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called support last week, but unfortunately they could not remote into my machine because I'm running Catalina. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a lot of people upgrading to Catalina seem to get stuck at 21.5% – me too!

So maybe in this case the particular percentatge does indeed provide any guidance.

I know Apple messed up a lot of things with Catalina and it may be not Adobe's fault entirely, but clearly you can't install under the current macOS – at least not if there was a previous version of CC installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, also getting stuck at exactly 21.5% every time despite removing the older version and attempting alternate download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. After 10 hours work Catalina ecxcepted CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on macbook pro thanks for this link very useful 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well.  Thank you blindviz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me. (Also stuck around 21.5% on a Catalina MBP.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the man !! this helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I solved the problem perfectly in this solution. (I also use Catalina.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be the correct answer. I just ran the Cleaner tool (didn't bother doing the extra terminal options) & it worked straight away. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, cleaner tool worked for me...jezus Catalina does gives problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines