• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to download Photoshop on my laptop regardless if it will run or not. But the download function will not let me - how do I just get a download of the software?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use?

Which version of Photoshop you try to download?

If you want Photoshop CC you have to install the Creative Cloud client first.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running OpenSuse Tumbleweed, and the latest Wine on a 16GB RAM system.

So I am guessing the downloads simply doesn't recognize a Linux-system. Or think it is completely incompatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop or CC apps for that matter, work only on Win and MAC OS. Linux is not supported. I have not used Wine, but if it enables you to install Creative Cloud, then you can use that to download/install PS.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I know Adobe stuff doesn't run on native Linux. Wine is a compatibility layer to run Windows apps on *nix-systems, among those Linux.
The problem is, the Adobe site only sees my Linux system and automagically assumes it will not work. Apparently, you can't download on any system that doesn't meet the minimum specifications. Which is a bit strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.  You must ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one.  Downloads will not commence on a non-supporting system.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines