• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Speed Restrictions

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one know of another way to limit download / upload speed other than the 25%-100% limiter. My problem is that it appears that creative cloud is limiting by the capabilities of my network card not by my bandwidth. I have 75 Mbps up and down which is 5-8% of my network adapter's capability. So even at a limit of 25% it's not even close to being limited.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the problem you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the settings for downloading programs and updates in creative cloud, you can limit your download speed by 25, 50, 75, and 100%. The problem is that it limits by the maximum speed that your network card supports. With the internet I have and the network card I have, maxing out my bandwidth from my service provider is about 5-8% of my total bandwidth my network card can make use of. I'm wondering if there is a way around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what settings are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what settings you're referring to or what settings are relevant, but in Preferences>Creative Cloud>Files my settings are as follows:

Creative Cloud Sync: on

Transfer Speed:

Download: Low (25%)

Upload: Maximum (100%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you move this to file hosting syncing and colab? This is about downloading programs and updates from adobe for their products. more so it's through creative cloud. I don't see any reason to put it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the download settings you're talking about only affect file sync'g.  they have nothing to do with downloading adobe programs via the cc desktop app which does not limit the download speed (on your end) in any way.

[moved from File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration to Creative Cloud Download & Install]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good lord, so you move this around rather than explain the error.
This is how this is still an issue three and a half years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the op misunderstood the cc sync download/upload speed settings.  i have no idea what you mean by "..this is still an issue...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue he is refering to, is that app updates use 100% your available internet connection, crippling your ability to work on or do anything else while an update is happening. CC should have an option to set a background download speed throttle, so that your computer isnt an infuriating paperweight.

not everyone has high speed internet, nor does everyone need updates asap. Auto-update makes me want to gouge my eyes out with spoons in fustration that google search wont even load because it decides it must update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe app updates are noteworthy for being slow.  but i guess if your bandwidth is extremely narrow, even that would be a problem.

adobe allows you to solve that issue, by disabling automatic updates so you can update when you do not otherwise need the bandwidth (eg, just before going to sleep).

you can disable the cc app automatically updating (file>preferences>general):

kglad_0-1623244970049.png

and you can disable the apps from auto updating (file>preferences>apps):

kglad_1-1623245025431.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I sound a bit brash. But, that's like saying, then just don't use Adobe Cloud. Being able to set a limit on downloads would be helpful in many use cases. Many programs already have such options.
Because that feature doesn't seem to exist yet, I guess that would be a new feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to make a feature request, do it here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the download settings you're discussing just influence document sync'g. they don't have anything to do with downloading adobe programs through the cc work area application which doesn't restrict the download speed (on your end) in any capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue he is refering to, is that application refreshes utilize 100% your accessible web association, devastating your capacity to chip away at or do whatever else while an update is going on. CC ought to have a choice to set a foundation download speed choke, so your PC isnt a goading paperweight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a third-party solution such as TMeter (which is free). Works fine for me under Windows 11. You can find a handy guide on how to set it up on HowToGeek: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/347711/how-to-limit-any-applications-bandwidth-on-windows/#:~:text=To%20co...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the download settings you're discussing just influence document sync'g. they don't have anything to do with downloading adobe programs through the cc work area application which doesn't restrict the download speed (on your end) in any capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same problem, bout ready to cancel my subscription over this, it ruined my day completely.

Adobe PLEASE let us control the download speed of updates, this is a standard feature for software going back decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.  if you want to address adobe, use the feature request link above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines