Download Speed Restrictions

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one know of another way to limit download / upload speed other than the 25%-100% limiter. My problem is that it appears that creative cloud is limiting by the capabilities of my network card not by my bandwidth. I have 75 Mbps up and down which is 5-8% of my network adapter's capability. So even at a limit of 25% it's not even close to being limited.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the problem you're seeing?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the settings for downloading programs and updates in creative cloud, you can limit your download speed by 25, 50, 75, and 100%. The problem is that it limits by the maximum speed that your network card supports. With the internet I have and the network card I have, maxing out my bandwidth from my service provider is about 5-8% of my total bandwidth my network card can make use of. I'm wondering if there is a way around this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what settings are you using?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what settings you're referring to or what settings are relevant, but in Preferences>Creative Cloud>Files my settings are as follows:

Creative Cloud Sync: on

Transfer Speed:

Download: Low (25%)

Upload: Maximum (100%)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you move this to file hosting syncing and colab? This is about downloading programs and updates from adobe for their products. more so it's through creative cloud. I don't see any reason to put it there.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the download settings you're talking about only affect file sync'g.  they have nothing to do with downloading adobe programs via the cc desktop app which does not limit the download speed (on your end) in any way.

[moved from File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration to Creative Cloud Download & Install]

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good lord, so you move this around rather than explain the error.
This is how this is still an issue three and a half years later.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the op misunderstood the cc sync download/upload speed settings.  i have no idea what you mean by "..this is still an issue...".

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines