downloading older versions of CC apps

Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download and install AE 2017 (14) to run a plug in that only works on 2017 and earlier (Reelsteady.) When I go to download older versions in the CC manager it only lists back to v16, and when I click the link for even older versions it just takes me to a link that instructs me to download CC manager, and navigate to donwload older versions. Basically takes me in an unhelful loop. 

How do I actually get to the download link for older versions of After Effects?

-cp 

Contact the 3rd party and ask them for an updated plugin.  Adobe's new version policy (latest + 1 previous version) makes it impossible to obtain pre-2019 versions from CC Desktop App.  And it will get worse as new versions come out and old ones get dropped from the list.

That said, here is a direct download but Adobe may withdraw these links at anytime without notice.   Also be sure to follow the download instructions here or it wont work.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

downloading older versions of CC apps

Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download and install AE 2017 (14) to run a plug in that only works on 2017 and earlier (Reelsteady.) When I go to download older versions in the CC manager it only lists back to v16, and when I click the link for even older versions it just takes me to a link that instructs me to download CC manager, and navigate to donwload older versions. Basically takes me in an unhelful loop. 

How do I actually get to the download link for older versions of After Effects?

-cp 

Contact the 3rd party and ask them for an updated plugin.  Adobe's new version policy (latest + 1 previous version) makes it impossible to obtain pre-2019 versions from CC Desktop App.  And it will get worse as new versions come out and old ones get dropped from the list.

That said, here is a direct download but Adobe may withdraw these links at anytime without notice.   Also be sure to follow the download instructions here or it wont work.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2020 0
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 2
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, I'll see if I can get the prodesigntools link to work. Unfortunatly Reelsteady only supports 2017 and earlier, but hopefully Adobe is basically forcing their hand on this and will finally get it to work with current versions. 

https://www.reelsteady.com/pages/faq

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - no fun!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0