• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am So angry that Adobe removed the option to download Encore. It make Zero sense to offer video editing software without DVD/Bluray authoring software, more so when they have one that still work great. I had to do a clean install og my OS and had Encore on my machine now i cant download it and i have so many projects including the current ones im working on for clients that i cant finish or use now. Im so Pissed off. why to screw us over Adobe..............

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

It has been removed by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Look here for alternatives to encore: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/burning-dvd-without-encore/td-p/10523358

Encore has two problems:

1. Encore was a third party program licensed to Adobe. The rights owner got acquired and discontinued the product and pulled the license plug. So Adobe was not able to continue to offer it with their products.
  2. Adobe pulled the plug on older subscription products. Currently you will be able to download only the 2 latest major versions of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing Premiere CS6 - Encore is bundled with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been removed by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LCD1123, good evening.
As a CC subscriber, CS6 products can no longer be downloaded due to a policy change in May.
If you have a package or download version of CS6 products, this policy change will not apply, so you can install Encore CS6 bundled with Premiere ProCS6 as Gospel_John says, but anyway support Is not guaranteed on Windows10, so it will not work on macOS10.15 (Catalina) due to use at your own risk and OS specification changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here for alternatives to encore: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/burning-dvd-without-encore/td-p/10523358

Encore has two problems:

1. Encore was a third party program licensed to Adobe. The rights owner got acquired and discontinued the product and pulled the license plug. So Adobe was not able to continue to offer it with their products.
  2. Adobe pulled the plug on older subscription products. Currently you will be able to download only the 2 latest major versions of the software. As this makes sense, it is problematic with older discontinued software like Encore bundled to Premiere (CS6).

If you have a perpetual license of CS6, you can still ask Adobe Customer support for a private download link. If you have only a subscription license you need to acquire a different product for creating DVDs. 

And it makes great sense to offer video editing software without an authoring software like Encore as a lot of the people do not need DVDs anymore. Currently all my projects are delivered on an USB stick or for download.

But I agree, it's frustrating if you come to the web site just to discover that the preferred software is no more available. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help with Encore CS5.1. Can anyone give me a link to a place. I have an MP4 file which is 24.7 Meg. Need to reduce this so that I can email it. Sorry to be a nusance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Encore CS6  with my bundle CS6.. still this software sucks, and i am facing with lot of bugs Adobe  prepare for me.. 

for example when exporting DVD or BD disk,  You simply miss audio track from the videos in timelines (it stays onli in first video in list)  .. Adobe is true professional software developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're complaining about software that Adobe discontinued years ago. What do you expect to happen? They will change their mind and fix it for you? Encore was discontinued because trendy californian programmers and managers, living in Netflix land, could not conceive that anyone in the world would still want to author DVDs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines