Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enter serial number into Lightroom after re-installation

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I had to reinstall my lightroom as it did not im port files anymore. Now it all seems to work fine but the program won't let me enter my serial number as it thinks I am still on a test version. In the creative cloud my serial number for the product is registered, however. 

Thanks for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud apps don't have serial numbers.  Did you sign in?

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I've signed in but I am not sure if I understand you correclty. I have downloaded the loght room to my mac and its now running on a trail. But I have purchased the software already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still don't understand, since Creative Cloud has no serial numbers at all. What version of Lightroom did you pay for? What version are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click the gear icon > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar (top right image).
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid Creative Cloud ID and password.

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that does not seem to help. 

I am getting this MSG when reopening LR, but in my Creative Cloud I see that I have registered my Serialnumbre from my purchase.  I doesn't seem to link that info with the program. I hope my description makes sense. 

Many thanks for your help in advance. Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 10.11.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for an answer to this one. We need to know to give you more accurate info. What version of Lightroom did you pay for? What version are you trying to install? If you don't know the answer to either one, please say so we can help you find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud is sold by subscription only.   If you wish to use CC apps and services, you must be enrolled in a Creative Cloud plan.  There are no SERIAL numbers involved. 

Formerly, Adobe sold licensed versions that required a valid serial number to activate your software. Creative Cloud has nothing to do with your older licensed versions and vice versa. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines