Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1001 - Updating Creative Cloud App

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been trying to update my Creative Cloud app on my mac for weeks now with no luck.

I keep getting an Error message: "Creative Cloud desktop failed to update (Error code: 1001)" This message appears each time after only 5% loaded of the update.

I cannot find any solution to this on Adobe site or any website. PLEASE Help, as my apps are not functioning properly.

Desperate for any assistance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!! And since it won't update it's not syncing my files on the Creative Cloud folder I need to work from home!! HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the same issue, with the error 1001 when trying to update the CC Desktop app. The only thing is that when i followed the instructions to uninstall the app then reinstall, it would not uninstall. I would run the uninstaller, and get prompted for my admin password, but after that, no dialog box popped up. As if it ignored the command. What else can i do to uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I can't uninstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I couldn't uninstall it. It prompted 'uninstall is completed with errors' and I still have CC on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems to completely remove Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am having the same issue as well.  I did follow all of your steps and am still having the same issue.  Creative Cloud update fails at 38 percent.  Any additional insight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anupriya. So we are all clear, Adobe's answer is to uninstall all traces of Creative Cloud, install a cleaner app, remove everything and then reinstall the entire product? This is extraordinarily time consuming, when you are running a business. It would be better customer service to explain why this is affecting users and provide some assurances to fixes such as this not requiring constant implementation every time there is an update released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that RustyR&M is correct in that you keep referring to the link. A few words of explanation would help.

I will attempt to do this for a second time. the first round did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto on the uninstall process on my OS 10.10.5 Mac. I uninstalled inDesign CC, now I keep getting the error code 1001 "failed to install" on the reinstall. Others forgot to mention: Now all of my existing inDesign CC files (hundreds of them) are reading as "inDesign CS3' files. I haven't been a CS3 user in two years. What gives? Isn't there a cleaner way to do all this? Not much tech help for a $50 a month subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received the same error on Windows 7. Before going through the drastic uninstall steps, I closed all open Adobe apps and tried again. Seems to be working just fine now.

This is yet one more example of the poor execution of Creative Cloud. Why can't there be a pop-up dialog telling users to close Adobe apps and try again? The Get Help link is essentially useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 months yet Adobe techs have not been able to fix Adobe CC update issue on my Mac. All techs run the same monotonous steps of uninstalling and reinstalling which eventually takes about 5 hours. The last tech took 5 hours without any solution. The only alternative option I got was have a standalone Adobe Premiere Pro app installed which will work as long as I have CC acount active. I use so many applications but now I cant use any. Paying Adobe $$$ for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for myself: Had the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn;t elp. Eventually it appeared to be my Intego internet protection that blocked Creative Cloud. Simply disabling Intego fro 2 minutes solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others, obviously if you have internet blocking software on your computer like @Ron242721542soa, that's a prime suspect.  ie, try suspending it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines