• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1310. Unable to update / repair / install

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For over a week, on start up of my computer Adobe Acrobat tries to do an update - and fails due to " error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActivX\AcroPDF.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory "

But on cancelling - program worked fine.

Today - same error but now Adobe Acrobat will not open citing serial number error.

I tried to repair using the install disk - same Error 1310

I then uninstalled Adobe Acrobat

Then I tried to re-install - same error 1310.

Adobe reader runs OK

But I need the acrobat.

Adobe Acrobate error 1310.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Thankyou so much.

For some reason I could not get the forum to do an reply.

It worked but not they you thought.

I did the administrator thing – but it still bombed out with same error.

I went back into the folder and tried to delete what was there – but could not due to “permissions” – so I renamed it AAA.

Then I did then install – but this time instead of my initials for the user & business labels + serial number, I put in administrator for the user, initials for the business name + serial number –

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) You can give permission at the folder "c:\program files\adobe\acrobat7.0\activeX\acropdf.dll"

2) You can click on ignore and countinue your installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds the simple answer but after I uninstalled program the folder was deleted - so adobe is creating the folder but not letting me access??

Also I tried the ignore - kept coming up - and would not install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable hidden admin account on your computer

look on the link for details :- http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist...

then login in the administrator account and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much.

For some reason I could not get the forum to do an reply.

It worked but not they you thought.

I did the administrator thing – but it still bombed out with same error.

I went back into the folder and tried to delete what was there – but could not due to “permissions” – so I renamed it AAA.

Then I did then install – but this time instead of my initials for the user & business labels + serial number, I put in administrator for the user, initials for the business name + serial number – and it worked.

I don’t know if it was the renaming of the activX folder (though nothing was is in it) or the administrator name on the registration page – but it worked and all is OK with my world again.

Thanks for your help.

Leanne for John Beecher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went into the C\program files\adobe folder  - in that folder is adobe acrobat and adobe reader.

I tried to change the properties and make sure I had the permission for the folder to edit - access denied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, and after 3 days of frustration trying all suggestions had a look at the folders, tried to delete the ActiveX folder but it wouldn't let me... so I renamed the Acrobat 7.0 folder to "dead". Then tried installing it again and it worked, no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked perfectly. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines