Highlighted

Error 176 - Can't install Photoshop no matter what

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been at it for a few days now and still can't get it to work. the install goes to 5% instantly and then throws this error. I even went through my registry and removed everything labeled Adobe, tried to install and it's still throwing this error in my face. Before you point me to previously solved issues with the same error, I've already looked at and tried every single one on adobe's support pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 176 - Can't install Photoshop no matter what

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been at it for a few days now and still can't get it to work. the install goes to 5% instantly and then throws this error. I even went through my registry and removed everything labeled Adobe, tried to install and it's still throwing this error in my face. Before you point me to previously solved issues with the same error, I've already looked at and tried every single one on adobe's support pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

176, C176 Unable to install on a network drive. Select another install location in the preferences and try again.

Have you tried installing on another device that meets the new system requirements to run Creative Cloud and Photoshop?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's able to install fine on my laptop, but the specs on that are less so than on my desktop. I've tried both my SSD and HDD. It won't install on either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if it installs OK on your Laptop, that implies there's either a hardware or OS configuration  problem on your desktop.  Which OS and version # are you running on laptop & desktop?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the specs to download the software I even changed the drives and still nothing is working and I don't know what to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Win10 and I have the files from my other harddrive to SSD and I relocated the detection to the right folder and nothing then I tried installing the software and the error comes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 176 means you're trying to install PS on a  networked drive.  If this is a Teams or Enterprise account, contact your IT admin for assistance. 

If this is an Individual Creative Cloud account, contact Adobe Customer Care by logging in below with your paid user ID and password. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click the chat bot icon and type Technical Support followed by the Enter/Return key.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 1
Greg5E1E LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a million solutions and this worked.

-Uninstall creative cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

-Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

-Reinstall Creative Cloud

Note: you may not be able to delete the 'CoreSyncExtension' folder. This is fine and it will work anyway.

also this youtube video had a solution that worked for alot of people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjGoBBh6Ug

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0