• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 204 when downloading Creative Cloud on Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to install Creative Cloud on my Mac (10.7.5). CC was previously installed, but after receiving countless errors when trying to upgrade, I uninstalled and am now trying to reinstall. I receive error code 204 and the message: There seems to be a problem accessing critical file/directory during download. HELP!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Actually chrisw33407652, I continued to experience this problem, even after spending hours of time on the phone with support. As soon as there is an update to Creative Cloud and I click on the update to install it, same problem. During my latest call, the representative that I chatted with was able to correct the problem. Fortunately, I saved the chat thinking it would be a good reference tool when the issue happens again. Here is a condensed version of the steps taken to allow me to use CC agai

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm- yeah I've done exactly as you said. I'm running Mavericks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to thank you for posting. This worked for me as well. I sincerely appreciate your time in posting and saving others time in frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY for this solution. NOTHING work except this! TY again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! This was it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me too after months of errors and not being able to update. Nice work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this!  I just download the cleaner, clean all and it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if you have Byte Fence installed on your machine. Uninstall this and then try to install Adobe again as administrator. Support just advised me to do this and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Esta sugestão deu certo pra mim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me:

1. Go to C:\Windows\

2. Right click, New - Map

3. Name it "Temp"

3-1. If it already exist, replace it

4. Attempt to download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sprinternet where was your temp directory located previously?  What other environmental variables have you customized on your installation of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines