• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 207 in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this error - tried all the usual solutions (Firewall, reinstall, etc). When I went to https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping to ping the server I get:

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx

How do I fix this? This was all working fine a couple of weeks ago and I have no issues using other web sites and FTP sites including https secure sites. I can visit the page with the 2 x Adobe logos

Mark

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Ok, thanks for the update, Mark.  I am showing that the last successful activation request was sent from the computer on May 29, 2018 at 12:55 a.m.  You may want to review any changes that were made to the computer around this time period.

I do show that you have made multiple attempts to contact our chat support but many of them have ended with the connection being dropped.  I have requested that you be contacted via telephone via your contact information at http://www.adobe.com/.  I have also r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, what Adobe software title are you trying to install?  Where is the computer you are trying to install on located?  If it is located at your work then is the computer on a managed network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to update Creative Cloud, the PC is my home PC, not on a managed network. As I said, this has all worked for years previously - this issue just started a week or 2 ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got anything to add to this - still can't access Creative Cloud, still get 400 Bad Request page when visiting https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping . Why is this so difficult?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had 3 Adobe "chat" techs try and fix this - all have crashed out of the Screen Share software after an hour or two without fixing anything - I've wasted about 6 hours of my time this weekend - so frustrating. Is there somewhere I can just download the latest (NOT the 6 months out of date crap that is here - Download Creative Cloud apps ) software without having to use the crappy ACC app. The ACC recognises I am a fully paid up subscriber - it just won't connect to the Adobe servers and let me update the software - software I am paying for every month...SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Mark, and sorry that you continue to face so many difficulties contacting Adobe servers.  As a next step, I would recommend you can connect to all of the servers listed in Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints .  If successful, then please review the settings of any installed software firewall or security software that is blocking access to these necessary servers.  If you can connect to the servers, then access may be blocked/filtered per application.

You also mentioned you spoke with a member of our support team.  Do you have a case number from your interaction that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff...if we (ie Adobe chat techs) can't access the Adobe CC server with the firewall disabled how would me going through all these help? I tried one and got a web site not found result. It's not a firewall issue - here are my notes on what has happened thus far (as clearly the Chat Techs don't keep any notes of what has gone on)

Previous cases - ADB-2623437-D8Q5, ADB-2624631-J2Q3 and ADB-2626750-C2G0 refer - neither were able to fix the issue because, I think, your screen sharing software will only connect for a maximum of 1:30hrs / 2:00hrs and then just closes down. Neither of the previous support staff have come back to me to try and continue the session which is disappointing - I'm assuming they didn't make any notes on what they had tried to do previously but don't know that.

The issue is Error 207 generated when trying to connect via the Creative Cloud software. Unable to reach Adobe servers...

This is a non-networked home computer

This computer has McAfee virus protection but turning this off has no effect on the issue - I have no problem turning this off if you want it off.

This computer has sucessfully run the Creative Cloud software for years without issue. A week or two ago it stopped being able to connect to the Adobe servers.

When I go to https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping to ping the server I get:

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx

I have no issue connecting to the internet including HTTPS sites. I can connect via FTP without issue I can upload and download programs (except via Adobe) without issue

This is not a network issue - we get the same issue when switching from the usual (BT) network to my Mobile network

We have tried the following:

Step 1 : Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3: Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 : Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Step 5: Restart the computer. [ Important ] Also make sure , Automatic Proxy settings detect is ON>

I did have both Photoshop and Lightroom set up (and working) on this PC - these were deleted by the previous support staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update, Mark.  I am showing that the last successful activation request was sent from the computer on May 29, 2018 at 12:55 a.m.  You may want to review any changes that were made to the computer around this time period.

I do show that you have made multiple attempts to contact our chat support but many of them have ended with the connection being dropped.  I have requested that you be contacted via telephone via your contact information at http://www.adobe.com/.  I have also referenced this public discussion in my request.

Please update this discussion if you face any additional difficulties, Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you ever manage to solve your problem? I'm stuck in the same loop as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also stuck in this same loop. I have wasted this entire day going through every step and solution, nothing has worked. Everything was working fine yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had the same problem as you. I'm not sure which step finally got it fixed but I

• Used the Creative Cloud uninstaller to clear any CC related software and settings from my PC
  • Disabled the Adobe Authenticator app
  • Changed my email address back to what it was when I started my subscription
  • Canceled my recurring plan since my software wasn't working

And reinstalled PS. It still wasn't working so I uninstalled it and tried again a few days later, and to my surprise everything started working as usual.

It's a shame I lost some days of subscription but I'm glad it started working on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same error. Noticed that in incognito mode https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping is opening fine. So, I did “Empty cache and hard reload” for this page in my normal browser’s window and immediately received "pong" answer.
After that installation of software went without problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

clearing your adobe.com cookies will generally resolve a request header or cookie too large error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines