Exit

Error 44

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

I don't know what is going on.

I was using on my notebook the CC 2015 Adobe Products (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects etc) just fine. I have done a clean uninstall of all the programs to do a fresh install of the CC 2017 pack.

For some reason I only get the error 44 and cannot install the Creative Cloud and nothing from CC 2017.

I tried everything that I saw here in the forums an nothing worked. I don't have any trace of Adobe in my computer anymore (any folder) and I still got the error 44.

On my desktop I have done the same thing but there is all fine. I really don't know what is going on with the notebook.

I have Windows 10 installed. Last version, all updated. Graphics card too. And I was using the Cc 2015 programs just fine before uninstalled them.

Any help or tips ? Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Hi Liferulador

Are you still facing this issue? Do you see the summary with this error 44? If yes, does it say "Installer was unable to copy a critical file/directory."? In case this is the summary, I would request you to follow the steps mentioned on this link:- Error code 43 when installing Adobe Creative Cloud update this discussion with the results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and tried installing the CC on safe mode. Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have had to uninstall anything.  If you did not have the option to update to CC2017 programs when you had the CC2015 installed then that would likely be because your machine is missing something that disqualifies it for being compatible with CC2017.

If that is not the case, there was another person who was having difficulty getting CC2017 products installed and it was not a matter of their machine being insufficient.  Unfortunately I do not remember nor have a link to that posting, but ifyou search the forums you might be able to find it.  I would say it occured within December sometime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remembering that i did the same thing on my desktop and i could install CC 2017 with no problems at all.

And i used the uninstaller and everything to clean 100% of the programs after, as is instructed on some topics here in the forum, to no avail.

My notebook is more than capable to run all the CC 2017 (or 2015) pack. The problem is the error 44 that won't even let me install anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liferulador

Are you still facing this issue? Do you see the summary with this error 44? If yes, does it say "Installer was unable to copy a critical file/directory."? In case this is the summary, I would request you to follow the steps mentioned on this link:- Error code 43 when installing Adobe Creative Cloud update this discussion with the results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to Atul_Saini...It took me a while but I finally found out how I got my '44'.

Though I had the same problem, no more. At first, I disabled and subsequently uninstalled iObit Malware Fighter. Same 44 error and failed install, repeatedly.

Then I notice that Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 10.1 Pro comes with Antivirus built in. Disabled it.

Voila!

Successful install!

Mine had been consistently failing until then at 40%. So, I knew I was in when I saw 41 turn the corner.

Check to see if you too don't have something preventing a proper install? Not sure it would have helped me even to try a new admin account if I hadn't gotten wise to Ultimate's Antivirus.

Hope you find/found a solution...

Thanks!

Best regards...

P.S.

One more thing. You can try installing a previous version of your particular application. If you don't have the system requirements to run Adobe CC 2017, try 2016 or even 2015 or 2014, if you have to.

Adobe has nicely provided the convenient selection of virtually any version of every Creative Cloud app via the Adobe CC app itself. Click on the right side of the button that selects your app of choice. Select a previous version from the drop down until your install doesn't fail anymore.

You may at least find a version that will install.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

u can use the creative cloud cleanear tool to sort out this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines