• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you try to install or launch a Creative Cloud app and get andy of the following errors,:

While installing-

Windows updates from Microsoft required to install this product are not available on this computer. Please install the required updates and try again.

While Launching- 

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from yo

ur computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Please see the link for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/error_on_launch.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats great!! finally im in : ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! YOU SAVED MY LIFE. MY DAD WOULD HAVE BEEN FURIOUS IF I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIX IT. I REALLY DO OWE YOU ONE. THANKS AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot @aaronpbmorin. I tried your method, it really works for me. I dont need to restart for it to works though. For me I just right-click and repair my :

1. 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) - [version number]' 

2. 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) - [version number]'

I created this account just to say thank you. You are a life saver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone give this man a cookie! 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My God!! it works, thank u for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked perfectly for me! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a reason why this is not included in the photoshop installer?

i am missing something here?

i am on win 10 creator update.. should not everything i need for photoshop come with win10 or at least the photoshop installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddemartin  wrote

Just updated PS through Creative Cloud, installation is confirmed but Photoshop doesn't start because the programs VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are not present on my computer (Windows10). Deinstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

Any advise??

Davide

Thanks for the information, it is very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but if you have the 64-bit version of of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable then you have to install the 32-bit version for it to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, my Windows 7 PC started throwing this Creative Cloud.exe error on login:  "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  However, the file DOES exist in the path C:\Windows\System32.  I can click OK on the error dialog and things seem to operate normally.  I can start the Creative Cloud desktop app from a shortcut, and it seems to start normally.

I haven't found any solutions searching the Web, so I did in fact, try to remove/reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.  The message returned said something like I couldn't remove Creative Cloud because there were apps that depended on it. 

The same error results when closing Acrobat DC although it's an AcroCEF.exe system error.  I don't get an error at any time when using Dreamweaver CC 2015, Photoshop CC 2015, or Illustrator CC 2015.

Any help will be appreciated.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try CC Uninstaller :

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

If you get error message like Uninstallation completed with errors. Ignore it .

Navigate to C: > Program Files(x86) > Adobe.

Open Adobe folder locate Adobe Creative Cloud folder .

Rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Then you can proceed with re-nstallation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For .dll error , run System File Checker command once .

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you suggest trying the system file checker BEFORE uninstalling??

Thanks for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did run the system checker first, and it found a couple of files, but they were all .json files, and telemetry-related, so I didn't bother with them.

The Adobe CC uninstaller did the trick. Since re-installing the CC desktop app, and restarting my PC, I haven't received the error.

Thanks again for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that , you are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get this error.

would like some help.

updating and restarting and reinstalling does nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as the original post. The dll in question IS in my system32 folder. I successfully uninstalled LR and CC, rebooted, reinstalled CC and LR, and LR will not start saying that the dll is missing. I've uninstalled and re-installed the Visual Studio C++ Redistributable, I have all the Windows 7 System updates, SFC shows no problems, yet LR will not run. To add insult to injury, I was trying to upgrade from LR version 6 standalone to LR CC and now none of my Adobe apps are working. I paid for the subscription and the result is - I can't use the subscription apps AND my existing LR Classic (standalone) is dead! And, of course, I can't find a phone number or email to actually speak to a human at Adobe - I could really use some help with this - please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same happened to me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC running Windows 7. Recently received a notice on the computer of an available update my Lightroom 6.0 program. I installed the update but received a system error notice as follows: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I uninstalled LIghtroom  and reinstalled and got the same error message.

Sure would appreciate any help.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe CC app says  there is a missing file when I try to download Photoshop CC.

(api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll )

I went to help page, downloaded the Service Pack 1 of Windows 7. Restarted the laptop, but again the same problem.

I found no way of downloading and installing the Photoshop app.

My laptop is running on Windows 7 SP1 - 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check here? Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

It directs you here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Look for the x86 package (32 bit), not the x64 (Windows 64 bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines