• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you try to install or launch a Creative Cloud app and get andy of the following errors,:

While installing-

Windows updates from Microsoft required to install this product are not available on this computer. Please install the required updates and try again.

While Launching- 

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from yo

ur computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Please see the link for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/error_on_launch.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated PS through Creative Cloud, installation is confirmed but Photoshop doesn't start because the programs VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are not present on my computer (Windows10). Deinstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

Any advise??

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the June 2016 release of Adobe® Creative Cloud® the applications have migrated to using Visual C++® 2015 runtimes from Microsoft®.

This change has been made to ensure that the Creative Cloud software is using runtimes that Microsoft is currently supporting.

With this migration, our latest version of Creative Cloud Apps will require that the VC 2015 runtimes have been installed on the system using the software in order to run correctly.

Would suggest you to follow Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed.

Thanks for the quick turn-around.

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are Welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but there's nothing for WINDOWS 10. Where I can find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my God! Photoshop works again! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

I am  just a humble servant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct fix for this problem on windows 10 - other forum links don't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the 14.0.23026 version of the installer from the link but I've already installed the version  14.0.23918. So the installation failed.

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was struggling and your link saved me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily fix both on your Windows 10 to do so just try it downloading the latest version file of vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll. Copy both files at a specific location or path and try to reinstall it there and restart your PC. If still, you can't just find a step by step process to fix which I found online

Fix vcruntime140.dll Missing File Error

Fix msvcp140.dll Missing File Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do i do if i have windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The link shows packages for windows 8.1 which one I have to download?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visual C++?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem by doing the following:

1. Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
  2. Select 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - [version number]' and select 'Uninstall'.
  3. When the Uninstaller appears, select 'Repair', NOT Uninstall.
  4. (Optional) Repeat for 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - [version number]' to be safe.
  5. Restart.
  6. Start Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this going on trying to run a brand new download of Animate. I tried downloading the files for Win10 but in both cases the setup failed. I tried the above solution but I do not have the choice of repair. I have modify or uninstall. Is it really so hard to use Adobe software. I am truly frustrated. I feel like I have to be a computer software engineer. Has anyone solved this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Fix" we found was listed on  <https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1988165-adobe-system-error-adobegcclient-exe-msvcp140-dll?pag...> from user LSimons2000.

It basically says this:

If you have Windows 7 or 10 x64, go to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AdobeGCClient.exe rename this file to AdobeGCClient.old

If you have Windows 7 or 10 x86, go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AdobeGCClient.exe rename this file to AdobeGCClient.old

I tried this on a user's system that has Adobe Acrobat XI and it seems to help with the messages. I goofed originally and renamed the Entire Folder of AdobeGCClient to AdobeGCClient.old and noticed that within 10 - 15 min, there was a new folder created. This tell me that Adobe controls this folder and can update it at will regardless of what Corporate Update Policies are in place and without user action or notification.  This is pretty shady business practice to me.  This folder/file can be updated not by an Adobe Acrobat Patch, but by Adobe's servers.

Another website talked about this file on < https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2308268?start=40&tstart=0 > and user gfsdfasfsdfsdf indicated the Adobe GC Client is used for licensing validation and to combat software piracy. This is why Adobe isn't being exactly forthcoming with information on this issue and the client in general.

Hope this help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked perfectly. I have a new Surface Pro 7 and your fix was very satisfying after I had spent hours trying to get it to work. Thank you very very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded bo the files but they were already installed (Windows 7 ultimate)

So I just repaired them with option, but that dosen't work.

I also uninstalled both files and again intalled, but that also gave me the same error [MSVCP140].

Now what should I do to repair this. I have wasted many days.

Please help me to recover this urgently.

And I am having 2014 version of photoshop cc

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaronpbmorin's solution (above) worked for a colleague who was experiencing the problem in FrameMaker 2015. She used it with Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - [version number].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go! This was the ticket for my issue. Muchas Gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  On a new HP computer with Windows 10.  But why would Photoshop not work to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines