Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error, can't write to temp

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On a Mac with Creative Cloud, when I try to install any application I get this error message :

Installation failed

Error, can't write to temp..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iozo it would appear that you are unable to write to your temporary directory.  Please see Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html for information on how to adjust your file permissions to allow write access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunatelly nothing seems to work. I tried to rename all folders as described. I checked the rights in /temp but I still get the same error.

I reinstalled creative cloud to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iozo the next step would be to try a new local administrator account to see if you face the same difficulties.  Are you receiving any other strange behavior under your current User account?  I would think you would be seeing errors much more often if you were unable to write to the temporary directory.

Another option is that you may want to look at the security software you are using.  Perhaps it is attempting to prevent our installers from writing to the temporary directory.  This could explain while your file permissions are correct but you still receive the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, with a new user it works. I've been able to install the software I chose. How can I fix my account ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Iozo I would recommend still looking at your security software to see if they is an account specific setting which would prevent writing to the temp directory.

You may also want to compare the file permissions settings for the new User account and the old User account to locate any differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines