Highlighted

Error Code: 105 - How can I solve that?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I currently have a big problem because I try to update my applications and I can not because of the error mentioned above, I can not install new applications or uninstall existing ones, I searched in the same forum for a solution but I did not understand it exactly .

I would like you to guide me to see how I can solve this since I am very agustious and I need to deliver some work. I would appreciate your prompt response.

I want you to know that I currently use Windows 10.

I am really sorry that the issue is still not resolved. Please talk to our Phone/Chat agents and once the issue is resolved update this discussion.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error Code: 105 - How can I solve that?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I currently have a big problem because I try to update my applications and I can not because of the error mentioned above, I can not install new applications or uninstall existing ones, I searched in the same forum for a solution but I did not understand it exactly .

I would like you to guide me to see how I can solve this since I am very agustious and I need to deliver some work. I would appreciate your prompt response.

I want you to know that I currently use Windows 10.

I am really sorry that the issue is still not resolved. Please talk to our Phone/Chat agents and once the issue is resolved update this discussion.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oscarjavierh,

Sorry that you are having trouble updating your latest version of Adobe apps as it fails with an error "Exit code 105" , This error Exit Code 105 usually occurs when there is a lack of read and write permissions on hdpim.db file on your machine, to know more about this error see, Creative Cloud download and install errors , I would recommend you correcting the permissions manually on the following location and then retry the installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps. See: Preferences folder read-only error | Permissions issue.

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly what he told me, but the problem is still not solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have no news, I have not been able to use the Adobe products for three days, I fell behind a lot. Please someone help me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the update, next I would suggest you to create a new administrator user account on your machine and try the installation there and share the results. See: Adobe troubleshooting: Creating an admin account in Windows.

If just in case it still does not work then can you please reach out to us via phone or chat here? Contact Customer Care , We'll need to hop on a remote session to troubleshoot this further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work. I will try contacting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete Caps folder the try to reinstall

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you go girl!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the caps folders works!

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Caps/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Adobe couldnt help me - spent all morning following directions that led me nowhere.

You're the best! ALL the best!!! THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! I've been using old versions of software as a work around but not anymore!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ZTineZ LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! Your suggestion solved the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to install Adobe apps | Error 105

You may go through the shared troubleshooting link to fix the issue.

It helped me to fix it . I gave the permissions to the folders and rename the folders.

Give permissions to caps folder and hdpim.db

macOS

1. Give permissions to caps folder.

2. Give permissions to hdpim.db

Windows

2. Give permissions to hdpim.db

Rename hdpim.db

Navigate to the following location:Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps\

macOS:  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/

• Rename hdpim.db to old_hdpim.db.

• Install the Adobe app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should follow these steps. I think you can solve your problem. If you can't solve it, text here to help you. I hope you can. For Mac:

1. Give permissions to the caps folder.
  • First of all, use the Finder to navigate to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/.
  • Now control-click caps folder and choose to Get Info.
  • After that, you need to expand the Sharing & Permissions section.
  • Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator username and password when prompted, and then click OK.
  • Now you need to set the following permissions:
    • system: Read & Write
    • admin: Read-only
    • everyone: Read-only
  • Select Apply To Enclosed Items after Clicking the gear icon.
  • Now close the Get Info dialog box.
  1. Give permissions to hdpim.db
  • At first, use the Finder to navigate to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/.
  • Now control-click hdpim.db, located inside the caps folder, and choose Get Info.
  • You are then required to expand the Sharing & Permissions section.
  • Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator username and password when prompted, and then click OK.
  • After that, set the following permissions:
    • system: Read & Write
    • admin: Read-only
    • everyone: Read-only
  • Once finished then close the Get Info dialog box.
  • Now try to Install the Adobe app.

For Windows:

• You need to navigate to C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAdobecaps.
  • Now right-click caps folder and choose Properties. After that click the Security tab, and then click Edit to set permissions.
  • Now set the following permissions:
  •  Administrators: Full control
  • To close the Permissions dialog box, Click Ok.
  • Now click Advanced in the Properties dialog box.
  • Click Change Permissions in the Advanced Security Settings for caps dialog box.
  • After that, you need to select Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object. Click OK, and then click Yes.
  • Now click OK to close the caps Properties dialog box.
  1. Give permissions to hdpim.db
  • Navigate to C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAdobecaps.
  • Right-click hdpim.db, located inside the caps folder, and choose Properties.
  • Click the Security tab, and then click Edit to set permissions.
  • Set the following permissions:
  •  Administrators: Full control
  • Click OK to close the Permissions dialog box.
  • Click OK to close the hdpim.db Properties dialog box.
  • Install the Adobe app.

سفر به ايتاليا

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.. but, for me,  just deleting the caps folder and restarting allowed my apps to install.

Thanks, again. 👍🏼

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines