• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 206 - No contact to Adobe server

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my Creative Cloud App on Windows 10 suddenly could not connect to the Adobe servers anymore, I decided to reinstall it after a long time of back and forth. After running the "Creative_Cloud_Set-Up.exe" a window appears with the account authentication information, which I confirm with "Next". Then the app works briefly and opens a browser window with the message: "Process completed. You have successfully logged in. You can now close this browser tab and continue where you left off."

Wonderful I think, but after a short time the app opens this confirmation window in the browser over and over again without continuing with the installation.
I've also deactivated my Norton 360, but without success. Norton doesn't cause any problems on my other computer either, so that doesn't seem to be the reason.

I also got the error code 206 in the meantime, but all the information on Adobe's site doesn't help. Does anyone have a tip?

adobeFehler.jpg

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Hi, I had a similar issue since 14 July and tried various steps suggested in the forums to no avail. Today I was able to fix the issue after contacting Adobe Support Chat.

1. I was asked to follow all the steps on these pages to delete certificates and credentials: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html . I had a lot of "Adobe..." credentials to remove in the Credential Manager.
  2. Close all Adobe related processes in Task Manager (Core sync, ser

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This troubleshooting page on Activation Network Issues may be helpful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There I have already worked through all points without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Creative Cloud show when you go to Add or remove programs in System Settings?

If you can uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud App, do that, then ty use the Adobe Cleaner, which gets rid of remnants of the CC applications.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had a similar issue since 14 July and tried various steps suggested in the forums to no avail. Today I was able to fix the issue after contacting Adobe Support Chat.

1. I was asked to follow all the steps on these pages to delete certificates and credentials: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html . I had a lot of "Adobe..." credentials to remove in the Credential Manager.
  2. Close all Adobe related processes in Task Manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)
  3. Rename SLstore to SLstore.old at following location C:\ProgramData\Adobe
  4. Rename SLcache to SLcache.old and OOBE to OOBE.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  5. Rename OOBE to OOBE.old at following location C:\Users\yschi\AppData\Local\Adobe
  6. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open hosts file using Notepad. If you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any Adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.
  7. Download the alternative direct installer from to get the latest version of Creative Cloud Desktop https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
  8. Launch Creative Cloud Desktop App and sign in.

These steps worked for me, through I'm rather annoyed that one has to go through all these steps to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
This help has worked. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this, it helped me too. I kept getting error 206 on a new Surface laptop on Windows 10 with all the latest Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i followed all the steps, i didn't made it :"<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me and I'm still having the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines