• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 50

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions to rename OODB folder to OODB.old.  Creative Cloud disappeared from my desk top. I then went to www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager to dowmload Creative Cloud desktop manager.  During the installation I got error message 50.  Do I need to reload all of Creative Cloud?  If so, how is the best way to do this? At the present time Iam not able to use photoshop.  Please help me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Billgeo, Jre, and Fabio.duarte please see Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html for information on how to resolve your current error.  If you continue to receive an error 50 can you please post a screen shot of the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philippe, are you some kind of STUPID?

There's A LOT of people with the same error – trying to do their jobs still without solution – all around the world and you come here to post this stupid BS? Do you really believe in what you're saying?

Please, get a f****g clue, moron!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for proving my point.

Have a good day and ... good luck with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues anymore.

Have a good one as well, and thank you for being useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At your service.

Your feedback is important to us. Participation in this survey is voluntary and your responses are completely anonymous.

We know your time is valuable, and we appreciate your participation. Thank you very much for helping to improve our products :

http://adobe.ly/P8UlGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philippe_A thank you for posting a link to the wish/bug form.

From this discussion it appears the Error 50 can be due to file permission failures or possibly a network connection failure due to firewall configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an effort to try and solve this issue I will contribute my story.

I was having the problem over and over again and try every solution listed here unsuccessfully until I noticed this comment "or possibly a network connection failure due to firewall configuration"

After reading this comment, I decided to try HotSpotting to my ipad's LTE connection and retrying the install. Guess what - it worked fine !

I believe the installer is trying to do something over the network connection that is not working in heavily firewalled/controlled environments and resulting in Error 50.

Lesson learned is try doing the install from a different network (at home, via hotspot, etc....)

Hope that helps someone,

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Error 50 can be due to file permission failures or possibly a network connection failure due to firewall configuration."

There is much more in play with this error than permissions or everyone's  favorite boogey men, network fails and firewall problems.  Many of these issues have been recurrent on every CC update release.  What I can say after being part of the full CC user experience from when it was first made available is that it is getting better.  There seems to be a pretty big disconnect between Bangalore  and Mountain View and wherever else they do the Adobe development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did full remove and resinstall of new stuff = yes again.

but it finally stopped being an issue for me.

give her one more time..

i know it sucks, but it sucks dealing with it even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an employee of ADOBE, nor am I of age higher than 17, however, I did come across a possible solution. Error 50 is an issue due to a corrupt file of any type. All I had to do was go to uninstall programs located in the control panel, uninstall, then when it gave me the GUI saying, "Adobe Creative Cloud has uninstalled with some issues," I then went into files, computer, Local Disk (C), Program Files (x86), then at the top, I hit adobe. At the top, there is a file named, "Adobe creative cloud," and maybe a few things under that. I simply right clicked, then hit delete. When it finished deleting, I re installed creative cloud from the Adobe website and it began to work. Like I said before, I am no professional, but this did seem to work for me. I hope it works for the rest of you! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philippe_A. : In a normal situation I would be inclined to agree with you however, when five, ten, twenty, or however many people end up having the same issue then it would reason that an issue elsewhere . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Phillippe_A ..Being that you are neither a tech nor an adobe employee, do you think you should be the one to tell me what the problem is? And do you think you should come on here as a 'member' acting like you do work for Adobe?

If you actually are an employee, I would lose all respect for Adobe if you aren't fired or removed from this forum completely.

Fortunately I know you are just a spam/flame artist, doing what you do best.

Nothing Helpful.

Please do me and everybody else a favour here and find another forum to spread your sh... um help.

I'm not sure why you wanted to throw your 2 cents in with this wisdom of yours, but I suggest a wishing well would do better for your money and thoughts

Apologies to anybody looking for help who don't want to hear bitching.

But as per my original posts,

I thought it was time Adobe did something about it. (this issue and the whole delete and reinstall solution to everything)

ANd it is.

I fixed issue (the old one. install failed, and the same I mean new one error 50 install failed)

I used the SAME solution I did previously and it DOES work.

The creative cloud cleaner, delete everything, reboot, install everything.

The same thing I did a few months ago.

Why it came up again? I don't know. BUT I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS AT ALL,

let alone every couple of months.

I have classes to do, students to help, AND WORK TO DO.

While I enjoy having the day off to reinstall, (doesn't take all day, but a few hours to do completely)

I do not enjoy losing money or time on projects because of somebody deciding...

"let them delete and reinstall everything when this happens"

As a solution, this is not a solution. Its a cop out.

And not the calibre of support I expect for my money.

Thanks for reading.

Again..to Phillipe_A_(explitive deleted here)-- There is No need to reply. But I know you wil..

maybe try Phillipe_is_A_

TO Jeff A Wright, thank you very much for your help and reply.

I was aware of the fix, and have used it before...

Yes I guess I entered into a discussion from Sept 2013..

Not sure your point. except to make mine..OLD POST You say.. clearly people ARE posting here.

And as was mentioned to me by an actual Adobe Employee for a Year almost now on this SAME issue and similar ones relating to the SAME issue..

What I am not happy about is the SAME solution.

delete everything and start again.

Thanks for your time and help, but now that I am fixed up again. I will not be back until it happens again.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

klubjunky,

CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same error today, an update is failing. My guess is that, because the CC runs using Adobe Air, that there is some crazy bug somewhere in Air. Whatever it is, after reading all these recommendations here- ie: to uninstall, then use CC Cleaner- my god- no user should ever have to do that kind of routine. And here it is, months later (today is Oct 6 2014) and the problem is still happening?? Yikes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I got it again today with this CC desktop tool update. Fortunately there is an independent Adobe Application updater that worked on all my big desktop programs.  It would be nice if they fixed the CC desktop application. It tends to be done behind the scenes and eventually works. But this advice of uninstall everything, use the cleaner tool is totally unacceptable. Jeez, if I were doing programming and sys work there at Adobe I would kick major behind over this and have fixed it myself at this point.

cc-update-fail.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. I was also going to post here. Same problem, Error code: 50. My Adobe Creative Cloud icon disappeared from desktop also. Finally, after getting no help from Adobe, I ran the app using {right-click} *RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" and voila! Everything installed properly. Such a simple fix ...you'd think the Adobe support person could type this in...would have saved us all a lot of time and reading in the forums. Geez!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're lucky if you got it to fix that easily. Whatever works and you should definitely run the install with full admin privs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Win 7 Pro N

All 20 of my machines have the same issue.

Quite unfortunate. I cringe every time a Creative Cloud Desktop update is released.

I can get around the error 50 by downloading CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe and installing in Safe Mode w/ networking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how I resolved this recurring problem. Painful, but it's worked for me.

First: I have Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit with McAfee virus protection.  I *thought* the virus scanner might be part of the problem, but disabling it didn't seem to change anything - so don't do that!

Y452b6w.png

Symptom: Creative Cloud Update (the one where you have a choice to "Install" or ... wait there is no other choice) fails to install with the less than helpful message "Failed to Install" or "Error 50" or ...

Symptom: When you use Control Panel -> Programs and Features and attempt to UNINSTALL Creative Cloud Desktop, it present the unhelpful "Uninstall could not complete successfully" or something like that.

SOLUTION 0: If the most recent release of "Desktrap" (Desktop) is less than 10 days ago... just wait. Adobe has a history of releasing bugs followed closely by fixes to the bugs they created (though, unfortunately this particular problem has at least a 12 month history of continuous failure).

SOLUTION 1:

1. Get a shotgun.
  2. Point at any on-screen Adobe logo.
  3. Fire.
  4. Reload
  5. Fire again.

Solution 1 is more for stress relief than for getting actual results and may be illegal in your home, town or workplace, so only do Solution 1 as as mental exercise. Then try Solution 2:

SOLUTION 2:

1. Shutdown your computer.  (Start -> Shutdown).  You want the power to go OFF, as a "Shutdown -> Restart" may not get you back to the right place.
  2. Power on your computer WATCH CAREFULLY
  3. BEFORE windows actually starts, press and hold the F8 key go get the Custom Start Menu.
  4. Select "Safe Mode with Networking"
  5. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
  6. Find "Adobe Creative Cloud" (mumble under your breath about how brain dead this software is <-- don't skip that part, it makes the process work better, trust me!)
  7. Right Click and select "Uninstall / Change"
  8. Let it run to completion. It should magically uninstall now, even if a prior attempt failed.
  9. Hop on your favorite browser.
  10. Navigate to https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud  NOTE: You may have to login to your account to get there.
  11. Click the download button.
  12. When done downloading, click to install.
  13. When done installing shout out "Take THAT! Hah!"
  14. Start -> Shutdown -> Restart
  15. Eventually you'll have to restart Creative Clod Desktrap, login again... etc.

Cross fingers and hope Adobe doesn't release another Cretin Clod Desktrap update tomorrow, and the day after that, and the week after that... If they do, restart at Solution 1, step 1 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Another Epic Fail. 

You mentioned disabling your anti-virus software already.  Do you have any other software titles installed which could be interfering with the download process?  I am happy to hear that going to Safe Mode allowed the update to be applied successfully.  If you can identify any other possible conflicting software titles, which would have been disabled in safe mode, it would be beneficial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can identify any other possible conflicting software titles, which would have been disabled in safe mode, it would be beneficial.

I notice a metric ton of disk space is consumed by applications from "Adobe" if that's what you mean :-).  None of my other self-updating applications behave as badly or waste more of my time than "Creative Cloud Deathtrap" - and judging by the hundreds of posts about this problematic software, I've got lots of company.

I'll make you a deal. I live in San Jose, CA. Buy me lunch and I'll bring the computer to your office for a couple of hours so your software engineers can diagnose the problem - assuming you have software engineers in San Jose, CA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Another Epic Fail but I am not located in San Diego.  You are certainly welcome to work directly with our support team at Adobe - Contact Support – Download and Installation.

If you do discover which installed application on your computer is interfering with the update process if you can please update this discussion it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

I am sorry Another Epic Fail but I am not located in San Diego.

Not sure where you came up with San Diego I wrote "San Jose" - aka Adobe Headquarters. And I wrote that twice. I suppose you could offer to fly me up to Portland, eh?

I also noticed earlier that you wrote "interfering with the download process" but the image I posted is clearly in the "Installing" phase having already completed the "Downloading" phase - unless the program is reporting false information.

Some unhelpful person posted a link to the Bug Report / Wish List. Did anybody notice which product was NOT on that list?  Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you do discover which installed application on your computer is interfering with the update process if you can please update this discussion it would be appreciated.

I offered to bring the system to Adobe and spend several hours there. But I'm not offering to spend another 30 seconds debugging the problem for Adobe.  Since Adobe isn't interested in taking me up on my offer to bring a system that exhibits the problem, this will also be my last post on the subject. I'll close with this insight:

All of these will update without issues.

• Adobe AIR
  • Photoshop CC
  • Lightroom 5
  • Adobe Premiere Pro
  • Adobe Camera RAW
  • Adobe Extension Manager
  • ... in short EVERYTHING except...

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop -
which
fails every time.  Not "some time" every time.

I'm dismayed that Adobe isn't moving heaven and earth to get to the bottom of the matter given the volume and ferocity of the complaints... 'nuff said.  Have a nice day. Void where customer satisfaction is not important or prohibited by law. Your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same "creative Cloud update failed" problem EVERY single time on my home desktop (Win 8.1 Pro x64), amazingly it so far didn't happen on our 2 business account team members at work (win7 x64 pros p1 then re-installed to win8.1 x64 pro OS) ... it's so silly that I lack words why would Adobe release such crappy manager app that fails every time on some systems and works fine on others (will see for how long). worth mentioning that I cannot ever install creative cloud update ever in a non-safe mode on my home computer, no matter how many times I re-download the app or what other tricks I try (like being logged on to adobe website at time of updating) ... on other hand the actual cloud suite programs work just fine without trouble with any updating ever.

Anyways, once I found the workaround for Error 50 update failed problem, it's from 4 months ago, but still works, which means the root cause of problem is exactly same and was never fixed by Adobe:

*** cannot post link to blog ***

in short, reboot to Safe Mode with networking and run updater again, it will work flawlessly like a charm ... seems like it conflicts with some background process that fails the updater in Normal mode.50 cent to person who tracks down which process that is and I am not debugging it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not sure if this has been posted yet but just went through the dreaded error code:50 scenario. What I did was reboot to "safe mode with networking", once the system was up, I went to the Adobe website, downloaded a trial version of Photoshop CC.  Clicked to install the program, Creative Cloud Manager installed without issues.  Rebooted into "normal" mode and all my applications are now updating to the 2014 releases.

Hope this helps someone.  I had this issue a few months ago but just ignored it and did not worry about the updates.  Since the new 2014 editions are out I was determined to get this resolved.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Jeff.

that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines