Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code P64 - Can't install CC or any Adobe app

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Basically what the title says. I have a previous version of AE, PS, etc. and I can't install anything newer, getting the message: "Installation failed. Retry or Reboot" Error Code P64". 

Normally I would've uninstalled everything and went from scratch, but here's why I came here first:

1) I'm not sure what the "Error Code P64" refers to, because it's not in the list of Adobe's installation errors.

2) I have a ton of stuff setup in AE that will be a huge pain to setup again. This wouldn't be an issue if I at least knew what the Error P64 is.

Anyone?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

HistoryMarche, can you please post a screenshot of the error message that you are encountering?  If you are unable to, then please post the portion of the install log that contains the error. For information on how to locate errors within log files, see  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-log-files.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HistoryMarche, can you please post a screenshot of the error message that you are encountering?  If you are unable to, then please post the portion of the install log that contains the error. For information on how to locate errors within log files, see  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-log-files.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, got the same here, trying to install on my PC tower;

Tried to install CC desktop app… P64 error, same when I try to install a single app from the CC site: P64 error
I'm also logged on my mac… should I quit my mac session maybe?  thx

20200417_115027_resized.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Emanuel.  Please review the log file to determine the location that is causing the error to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I would get the exact same error, albeit in English. It's not listed in the error table and I had no idea what caused it.

As I've replied just below, my rendering machine and laptop had no problems with downloading/installing anything from my Creative Cloud, but on my workstation I would get this error.

Someone suggested the renaming of a OOBE folder, but I've reinstalled Windows on my workstation long before their post, so I can't try this method. It was VERY impractical to have to physically copy the Adobe folder from my laptop or rendering machine to my workstation every time a new update came out for PS, AE, PR, IL, etc. so I just reinstalled Windows and now it's all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this post is several months old now, but for anyone who comes here looking for the same error code (which as of now is still not referenced on the adobe error code website): Renaming the folder "OOBE" which is found in C/programs(x86)/common files/adobe  to "OOBE.old" appears to have done the trick for me. I found this trick after looking through online discussion for about 2 hours, so I'm quite upset that Adobe has not released any information on this error code yet....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is quite interesting. I actually could not replicate this error on my laptop. Namely:

- On my workstation I used to get this error.

- On the rendering machine, everything was fine.

- On the "admin" laptop, everything was fine as well.

Since, I've re-installed Windows on my workstation and now everything is fine here too. But I wish I could've tried out your solution to see if it works before undergoing the painful reinstallation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

worked for me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines