• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code U44M1P2003 when updating to PS12.1?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Code: U44M1P2003e: Can anyone help with why I get this when Adobe auto updater failed to update PS12.0 to 12.1?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Hi Shikha,

Sucess, I have managed to get both updates for PSE 12 and PRE 12 to version 12.1.

Very interesting to see this prompt;

Triple request.JPG

Notice that two organizers were reported as running. My system was working it socks off trying to deal with the resources required for the organisers both. It seems to be a quirk of Elemets 12 that the organisers are working away draining system resource when in fact they should in my optinion be requested to organise on demand of the user. This would ensure that intensi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andersdn,

Simply disable Backup/Sync and run the update again.

Thank you for posting on Adobe Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't think I have 'backup/sync' as an option with my version of PS12.0 & the auto update.  I'm not updating from the 'cloud' & the update popup appears when I'm actually in PS12.0 & click the update option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I get this message each time I try to update to 12.1;

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.1 update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1P2003

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12.1 update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1P2003

I do not follow this backup/Sync suggestion either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here.

Tried three time, twice with anivirus and firewall turned off, just in case.

I do not understand the backup/Sync suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to switch off antivirus too and started the process as administrator, still no luck.

I am currently downloading a trial version of premiere from Adobe website thinkng that may be at version 12.1 to see if that gets around the problem. I have also tried the chat line today at Adobe, they suggested I ring the telephone support line. I am in the UK and there is no support until Monday am.

Several other users are experiencing the same problem in other threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - I hope you get some sense from Adobe UK on Monday! It sounds increasingly like a problem/bug with the update they've put out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just spent the last couple of hours downloading the (supposed latest ) version of Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe website. It was 12.0. The process removed my original installation, as it was not reported and did not proceed to install the new copy I was a little confused at first untill I realised what had happened.

My system had a re-start to clear all the system processes.  I re-installed version 12.0 that had been downloaded. Entered all the required serial numbers etc, started a new project and proceded to download the patch.

As you see from the screen shot all appears to be going well. At this stage only Premiere Elements was open and running.

Prem 50%.JPG

Next I was asked to shut down both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements (Photoshop Elements was not running!)

Double request.JPG

Having shut down Premiere and the Welcome screen, the update continued until;

Fail Adobe.JPG

Checking the error log I get this message on an HTML page;

Error code.JPG

Reading another thread I learnt that there is another log stored in User>AppData>Local>Adobe>AAMUpdater>1.0 called aamu.log

This is a 3.7Mb error log file, the last part looks like this;

Part error log.JPG

I hope you can read this. (Double click the image to get a larger view) The interesting one to me as a novice fault finder is the one that states 'No default proxy present on the user machine'.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I wonder is this update looking for the program in the 32 bit area?

Plus there is another error near the top that states 'conflicting process is running block Adobe Premiere Elements.exe' The program is not running'

Any thoughts out there?

Message was edited by: Macvideo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Logs suggest that Patch is trying to apply update @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 12 Organizer\AMT\Elements 12 Organizer\ElementsOrganizerRevelAgent.exe.

It seems some registry has got corrupted.

Please save all your work and uninstall PSE12 and PRE12(you need to uninstall both)

Install PSE12 and PRE12  again and try to apply patch. It should work.

If doesn’t then we can have a connect session and I will look into the machine.

Thanks,

Shikha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shikha,

Thank you for the quick feedback from your investigations into the logs. I will do as you suggest today and report back on the outcome.

Thank you

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shikha,

Sucess, I have managed to get both updates for PSE 12 and PRE 12 to version 12.1.

Very interesting to see this prompt;

Triple request.JPG

Notice that two organizers were reported as running. My system was working it socks off trying to deal with the resources required for the organisers both. It seems to be a quirk of Elemets 12 that the organisers are working away draining system resource when in fact they should in my optinion be requested to organise on demand of the user. This would ensure that intensive cpu energy would be reserved for the rendering processes required for some edits rather than the somewhat extra 'nice to have' organiser processes.

Of course the only way to shut these processes down is to use the task manager to kill them off. Even then they return univited to swamp your valuable CPU resource.

That aside, you may have some further suggestions of how to manage this activity, I would appreciate any of your comments.

At the end of the day, what you suggested worked and finally I got this screen display;

Success.JPG

Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this error too. I have called the support line and they say they do not support the app over the phone. Well F*ing done. The forums are about as useful as a dodo's petrified poo in solving the problem and this is the only thread that seems to have a solution that appears invisoble. WTF am I suposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProShot Imaging I am sorry you are facing difficulties applying the updates to Photoshop and Premiere Elements.

Please verify that the error messages within your installation log are identical to the ones in this discussion.  If they are not then I would recommend starting a new discussion with the specific errors which you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gave up trying to repair it and reinstalled for the 17th time and it

seems to have resolved whatever problem was causing it. I'm none the

wiser as to why it happened, but it doesn't matter anymore. I have now

purchased the full application and am using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Exactly as Andersdn and Macvideo.  But at least my installation issue seems to have gone away after the 3rd trial download and registration - no thanks to Adobe though  The Bangalore "help" centre was useless on both occasions I attempted to use it....What a shambles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally confused now!!!

After hours of messing about having tried to do this patch 4 or 6 times prior to downloading a new trial version that came out to be the same version 12.0, I tried again to update the patch. At least 5 or maybe 6 times I tried and got the same results as I show with these screen shots.

I had decided to give up and continue with my video project. Out of curiosity I checked the 'About' tab on the help menu and found this;  Version 12.1 (20140225.12.1.620828). I thought that must be an error, then I tried the text style changer which only worked once in version 12.0. It worked correctly, I can now change text styles as often as I like without having to shut down the program!

The daft part is, my 12.1 version still claims there is an update and it still crashes out with the same error code you and the rest of us is getting when I try to update. I must have a half fix.

Signing off as totaly confused.com!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PRE12.1 patch applies to both PRE12 and Elements Organizer 12.

The patch was somehow able to update PRE12 but not Elements Organizer 12.This is why you can see updatedversion of PRE12 on your machine.

But it is recommended that you patch both Organizer and PRE12 to avoid any discrepancies.

Can you pelase share PSE12dot1Patcher.log(you will find them in %temp%) at shigoel@adobe.com for looking into the issue exactly?

Thanks,

Shikha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines