• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error nag message on startup

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On every Windows startup CS6 Service Manager nags that \VulcanControl,dll (alternatively \libcurl.dll) 'may have error'.
Seems to be a Windows 10 Registry problem, which dates from a few days ago when I downloaded Adobe Reader DC because Acrobat Reader was playing up, shuffling recent documents uncontrollably when opened.
Uninstalling any/all versions of Reader has failed to fix the new problem.
Acrobat Pro seems intact. InDesign opens, but to close it I have to shut down Windows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable a program in Windows startup
-Right click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select Task Manager in the pop up option window
-Click More details if you don't see startup
-Select the Startup tab inside Task Manager
-Select the program you want to disable
-Click Disable in the bottom right corner
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't find Adobe CS6 Startup.exe listed on Task Manager Startup. But Adobe Updater Startup Utility is available to be disabled. Do you suggest I try disabling this? I am not too worried about updates, CS6 no longer being supported.

Adobe Acrobat X Pro continues to function as normal, but CS6 InDesign once open becomes unresponsive to attempts to minimise, re-size or shut down, even with Alt+F4. I re-installed it from disks, but it failed to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stopped Adobe Updater Startup Utility from running, also Adobe CS6 Service Manager that was installed with PPro CS6

I have CS5 Master Collection from when I worked at a University, but don't use InDesign

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. The underlying problem, caused I don't know how, was not necessarily in the Registry. With the help of Adobe Customer Care, and a Remote Support Session lasting hours with comings and goings, the CS6 suite was uninstalled and reinstalled. The serial number didn't take at first, and a number of MS C++ files had to be repaired, after which the installation and activation were achieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>number of MS C++ files had to be repaired

For anyone else reading this (and not wanting a remote session)

Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help
-or direct to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines