• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error P42 when installing Creative Cloud on MacOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything used to be ok until recently I tryed to update my software. When updating creative cloud, it's error 304, and for other software like pr, ae, ps, it just keeps asking me to enter my admin password for many times.

So I uninstalled the creative cloud and tryed to install it again, it stopped at about 0.6%."Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again. (Error Code: P42) "

I tryed everything I can find on Google including reinstalling the system (without erasing files). And I couldn't find any error or fatal in PDApp.log.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Hi there, I've already solved the problem by erasing and reinstalling the MacOS. And when restoring from the TimeMachine, do not choose the Applications folder. Hope it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new account on macOS, and login new account and install Creative Cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply, but that doesn't work.I also tried the root account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If security software or other resident software is running, stop or uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. No anti-virus or other software running. Can't even install from a root login. Same error everytime. Have given the intstaller full disk access and run through every other recommended step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've already solved the problem by erasing and reinstalling the MacOS. And when restoring from the TimeMachine, do not choose the Applications folder. Hope it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply. I've already tried that as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I've also tried this without success. I erased and reinstalled the OS. I did a restore leaving behind all the system files - just selected the personal data. I've disabled MalwareBytes, had the firewall turned off, etc. I still get the P42 Error Code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines