• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to change my Primary email (Adobe ID).

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to change my email address (Adobe ID), I get an error message saying, "Primary email (Adobe ID) must have a valid value.  I know I'm putting in a good email address.  Can someone assist with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please list the exact steps you are going through.

Also do you have a valid secondary email address listed? If you do I'm not sure you can enter that address as the primary or maybe you need a secondary address to change the primary.

I when through them myself but stopped at the Varify Identity dialog where you have to enter your email address and password for your Adobe ID. I have no need or reason to change my Primary email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear "Just Shoot Me," 

There are no "exact steps." We login, we try to change the email (mine is wrong, it's missing a letter, even though I've never changed it). We try to change it and the message "Primary email (Adobe ID) must have a valid value." There's nothing invalid about the email address I'm entering. It won't let me correct the incorrect email address, and won't let me enter a new one. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue. Ive even tried using a different valid email and it gave me the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harris1966, I had to contact Customer Support for them to change my email for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you contact customer support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, can't change from yahoo.com to gmail.com. What the heck is this popup"Primary email (Adobe ID) must have a valid value?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What cookies? This huge blue banner popped up at bottom of screen everytime I opened adobe.com: "...By clicking "Accept," you agree to the use of Adobe and third-party cookies and other similar technologies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze and measure your engagement with our content, and provide more relevant ads on Adobe websites and others..."

It's pretty low to make members to allow third party ads' cookies like the work of an amateur Website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, only cookies for the adobe.com sites are required. I have at least two addons that prevent third-party cookies and I have no issues using the site or my adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines